U2 lyrics required for wedding..Suggestions gratefully received!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mkdominatr said:

I play guitar and my sister wants me to play a song at her wedding coming up...I at 1st was thinking of a U2 song then settled on a Springsteen song...."If I Should Fall Behind." Beautiful song about falling in love and getting married...beautiful lyrics...check out the lyrics...

This is brilliant, great lyrics, a serious contender for a reading, thanks very much. I'm also going to take a listen..

jmccuanu2 said:
I agree with you, matt76, although U2 is a great great band, one of the reasons they are a great band is that they don't really write syrupy saccharine-overload love songs, they are much deeper and somewhat darker than the usual pop songs out there. Hence the reason this is a tough question to answer.

I have a suggestion for some lyrics about a song that I think is just absolutely beautiful, and one day I hope to play it at my wedding, whenever the hell that is. But it is by another IMO great Irish artist, Enya, and the song is called, "Hope Has A Place." You can find it on "The Memory of Trees" cd and it is my personal favorite song of hers. Look up the lyrics on the web and see what you think. I would do it myself for you, but I am still a practicing computer illiterate. Good luck!

Yeah these are really lovely lyrics, thanks for the suggestion.. Maybe I shoudl open this up to other non-U2 artists!!

Back
Top Bottom