U2 is Great

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 is definately one of the greatest band of all time, if not the greatest band, but the problem is we need more neutral people's certificate, y'kna what i mean.
Well I'm from India so all i can tell that buy U2 record as quickly as possible, cause here they are first of all few in numbers(release wise) so they disappear very quickly,anyhow buy U2 records as quickly as you can.

How boring do you think this world would be without other bands? I know that U2 would be very boring without other bands...even crap ones.
How is it that you're a consultant and you still have to grow up Chris??
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
There's no business like ZOOTV business.

Hey Ants I guess we're discussing about how good U2 is and not that U2 should be the only band.I guess you have some kinda problem liking this band.No offences
smile.gif

U2 is the greatest band. And Chris, you have to make sure to buy ALL their records. They're all so good! BTW, I'm not grown up, and I have all their records!!

Chris... I just had to respond. Pretty cool to just get the message out there. Tell your parents (or friends, or whomever you are close to) that U2 albums is all you want for Christmas (or birthday, or whatever holiday you celibrate). That's what I did, after seeing R&H on opening night in November when I was 12. Between all the people I knew, I got all 8 (that's all there was at the time.)

Aw, the first 7 posts in this thread were so.. cute and innocent! Refreshing
icon42.gif

Anywho, I saw the video below yesterday and it got my heart racing and juices flowing. Hadn't seen it in years and forgot how intense it is. Why is it only U2 can exhilarate me in this way? Wanted to share it here without having to, you know, start a whole new thread. This thread seemed the most apt :wink:

Favorite things about the clip:
1. Bono looks so friggin cool here all in black (Ali would be proud) with his shiny black guitar
2. EDGE ON FIRE HERE. He's the primary reason for me for the hyper-intensity in this piece - turn up the volume as loud as you can (I also think of Dallas Schoo when I hear this magnificent guitar sound). Plus awesome harmony singing on "Days, days, days"
3. Adam's bass is very heavy and prominent throughout. Listen especially from 0:10 - 0:30
4. My favorite part of Larry's beat here is the bass drum. Check out his foot behind Bono from 2:12 to 2:20

The magic of this performance is that the quiet parts make the payoff from 3:15 to 4:45 all the more special

Remember, volume all the way up and go fullscreen with 720p :love:

13 - U2 - Dirty Day (ZOO TV - Sydney 1993) - YouTube

Aw, the first 7 posts in this thread were so.. cute and innocent! Refreshing
icon42.gif

Anywho, I saw the video below yesterday and it got my heart racing and juices flowing. Hadn't seen it in years and forgot how intense it is. Why is it only U2 can exhilarate me in this way? Wanted to share it here without having to, you know, start a whole new thread. This thread seemed the most apt :wink:

Favorite things about the clip:
1. Bono looks so friggin cool here all in black (Ali would be proud) with his shiny black guitar
2. EDGE ON FIRE HERE. He's the primary reason for me for the hyper-intensity in this piece - turn up the volume as loud as you can (I also think of Dallas Schoo when I hear this magnificent guitar sound). Plus awesome harmony singing on "Days, days, days"
3. Adam's bass is very heavy and prominent throughout. Listen especially from 0:10 - 0:30
4. My favorite part of Larry's beat here is the bass drum. Check out his foot behind Bono from 2:12 to 2:20

The magic of this performance is that the quiet parts make the payoff from 3:15 to 4:45 all the more special

Remember, volume all the way up and go fullscreen with 720p :love:

13 - U2 - Dirty Day (ZOO TV - Sydney 1993) - YouTube

:up::up::up:

I hate U2.
What sort of name is that?

I like "the Hype". Yeah, that sounds good. The H Y P E.
or better still, The "Larry Mullen Jr. Band" :lol:
Well, the guy started the band!

In 2000 I had already been listening to U2 for 13 years by that time - but I'm still listening to them 14 years later, shocking to see how fast time goes by.

Anyway yes U2 are the best and I will tell anybody that asks me that fact :)

Back
Top Bottom