U2 and Hamlet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earthshell

The Fly
soundtrack to hamlet

howdy everybody. for one of my classes this year i have to do this final presentation thing and i am thinking about creating a soundtrack to hamlet. if anybody has read the play, do you think that any U2 songs would be appropriate? Also, any non-U2 songs would be fine too!! Thanks a lot!!

Hmm... Its been a while since i read Hamlet, but the first thing that came into my head was Love Is Blindness. :slant:

Even if you don't reckon the lyrics really relate (although, I guess they kinda do "A little death, without mourning...") the music I think is very emotional.

If there's a (can't think of the right word but this'll do) "lyric-less" verison of the song I would experiment with that.

Hope this helps -- I'll have a bit more of a think later, and report back if I think of anything better.:wave:

anbody know of any tracks that would relate to this great play somehow? I was suggested Love Is Blindness but I'm thinking of trying to do my final project fo one of my classes of U2 and Hamlet, like a soundtrack sort of thing. So if anyboyd could help me out that would be great. and reply on this one not my last posrt

Earthshell, I am well acquainted with Hamlet and would love to help you out, but I am at work.

I'll come back to the thread tonight. Meanwhile, bear in mind that MOST of Achtung Baby can work perfectly as a metaphor of Hamlet and vice versa. In simpler words, most of the record can be used as your soundtrack. Surprising as it may seem, some songs in Pop fit in as well.

See you in a while.

Circe said:
Earthshell, I am well acquainted with Hamlet and would love to help you out, but I am at work.

I'll come back to the thread tonight. Meanwhile, bear in mind that MOST of Achtung Baby can work perfectly as a metaphor of Hamlet and vice versa. In simpler words, most of the record can be used as your soundtrack. Surprising as it may seem, some songs in Pop fit in as well.

See you in a while.

thanks Circe. this is supposed to be a presentation for my class but i don't know how I would make it into a presentation. when you get back tonight if you have AIM you can message me at jonmcq007

Sorry, no AIM :( , but we can always use the mail.

This is my address: silviasv at telefonica dot net

Drop me a line and let me know a bit more about your assignment so we can get to work .

Back
Top Bottom