"Time" in HTDAAB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lady luck

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I just realise how important is the theme of time and passing of it in this album -- that's why I'm sharing this!

Think about:

and TIME will disappear (Miracle drug)
We fight all the TIME […]/ SomeTIMEs you can make it on your own (Sometimes…)
You don’t have TIME for a jealous lover (Love and peace or else)
TIME won’t leave me as I am, but TIME won’t take the boy out of this man

I start thinking that Bono was right when he said this album could have been called MAN!

I think 'Man' would have been better than the long winded HTDAAB. That title is so commercial... just like ATYCLB.

lady luck said:
I just realise how important is the theme of time and passing of it in this album -- that's why I'm sharing this!

Think about:

and TIME will disappear (Miracle drug)
We fight all the TIME […]/ SomeTIMEs you can make it on your own (Sometimes…)
You don’t have TIME for a jealous lover (Love and peace or else)
TIME won’t leave me as I am, but TIME won’t take the boy out of this man

I start thinking that Bono was right when he said this album could have been called MAN!

I'm glad you brought that up lady luck. When everyone was speculating at a possible title for the album before it's release, I came up with 'Time'. I was thinking simply about the landmark achievements they've had and with the upcoming Hall of Fame, I bet there has been some reminiscing going on there. They also went back in time to a sound familiar to years past and found Lillywhite. Time caught up with Bono's father and took him away to another place. Not to mention, they spent more time recording this album, or at least it seemed like it, than on records past.

I agree that the titles of the last two albums are a little longwinded!

Excellent observation about time, Lady. I noticed that as well.

Though we hate to admit it, time is passing by and U2 is no longer a young band. Bono has said that he doesn't want to be another Mick Jagger rockin' at the age of 65. But he also loves what he does! The theme of time is probably very close to their hearts.:|

Man should be their last album. I'll be rather scared if they announce an album with that name, because then I'll know the end is nigh.

Axver said:
Man should be their last album. I'll be rather scared if they announce an album with that name, because then I'll know the end is nigh.

I don't even want to think about that...but it's inevitable. :sad: Don't you just wish we were born a couple years earlier?

GibsonGirl said:

I don't even want to think about that...but it's inevitable. :sad: Don't you just wish we were born a couple years earlier?

well... yes and not!
I'm thankful I discovered them with ATYCLB and descovering the past was a great pleasure.
I'm happy I've had the luck to "meet" this band in my life

GibsonGirl said:

I think about it every time i listen to 'early' U2...:sad:

And not only am i too young but also so ignorant- why havent i paid any attention to them earlier in my life?? :huh:

*k_i_t_e_86* said:

I think about it every time i listen to 'early' U2...:sad:

And not only am i too young but also so ignorant- why havent i paid any attention to them earlier in my life?? :huh:

There's a time for every thing...

... for instance, when I was younger I hated U2 and used to listen to boy-bands!! Then came my beautiful day -- and I'm happy with that!

At first I thought on SYCMIOYO i thought the line was...

Time, you think you got the stuff.

Firstly for obvious reasons but also because it sounds likea tick tocking clock right at the start of the song

Back
Top Bottom