that one lyric/line that hit home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well there are a few but one lyric more or less sums me up

' You're dangerous cos you're honest, you're dangerous you don't know what you want'

My best and worst traits crammed into a verse:eek:

Hot Bono said:

yep... but even so, this song was very uplifting, even though i never felt like i had a home my entire life... now, that i've finally found one, this song and this lyric mean so much to me...

that's true. Specially the lines "What you got they can't steal it, No, they can't even feel it"
and "What you've got they can't deny it, Can't sell it or buy it"

annie_vox said:

that's true. Specially the lines "What you got they can't steal it, No, they can't even feel it"
and "What you've got they can't deny it, Can't sell it or buy it"

Yeah, Walk On is really one of U2's true masterpieces... Inspiring and Beautiful... :heart:

Hot Bono said:

Yeah, Walk On is really one of U2's true masterpieces... Inspiring and Beautiful... :heart:
it IS!! <3<3 i love it more than words can describe. i love the ending. and the hallelujah mix's ending is SOOO GREAT.

Although my favorite lyrics overall are usually from the 90s, after thinking about this question I think it'd have to be

What you've got they can't steal it
No they can't even feel it

from Walk On...I heard this song when I was like 10 or 11 and didn't know it was U2 but I liked it. This line particularly hit home for me as a younger kid b/c I was going through some difficult stuff at that time. It sort of told me I should take control of my own happiness and not let anyone else have control of how I felt...it made sense to me then & I still love it. :love:

Walk On probably deserves its own thread. It is a very rich song, and it means so much to people! Agree with tuwie, the hallelujah ending is great. It IS hard to describe, but I think what makes it great (live) is more than just the words. The band's body language and facial expressions really show that they believe in what their singing. If I had to pick one U2 song that I had to take with me for the rest of my life, it would be Walk On, because it puts everything into perspective. :wink:

I also love the begining

"And love is not the easy thing
The only baggage you can bring
Is all that you can't leave behind"

I never heard it live. It's always the "oh oh oh oooooooooooh". Not that I don't like the begining of the song live, but this verses are very beautiful.

Ok... this is turning into a Walk On appreciation thread
:wink:

for me it would have to be...

"The more you see the less you know, the less you find out as you go, I knew much more then, then I do now..."

"what happened to the beauty I had, inside of me"

It makes me feel sad cause I recently went thru some tough shit that I thought I knew all along but in the end, I didn't. It hits me even till this day when I hear it.

BluRmGrl said:

Pictures!! :hyper:

Please? :yes:

haha you definately asked for a picture over a month ago.

but here it is :) (sorry for the poor picture quality)

tattoo.jpg

*and that is a moon, not a crater knocking over the eiffel tower, haha*

You say, Love is a Temple
Love the Higher Law
You ask me to enter but then you make me crawl

I was drowning in my Sorrows
My Sorrows they learned to swim
Surrounding me
Going down on me
Spinning over the brim
Waves of Regret Waves of Joy I reached out for the one
I tried to Destroy

These are my favorite lines - they are so powerful to me and hit me on such a personal level.

There are so many lyrics that I connect with but one song that really hits home is "Running to Stand Still"

"You gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice, you know I took the poison from the poison stream and I floated outa here...singin ha, lalalaladidayy, halalaladiday halaladidaayy....."
"You can run from love, and if its really love it will find you; catch you by the heel."

"The more you see the less you know, the less you find out as you go, I knew much more then, than I do now"

"Who's to say where the wind will take you, who's to say what it is will break you-I don't know which way the wind will blow."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom