staring at the sun, slane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
maybe?:scratch:

GIA: terrorist organization of Islamic extremists whose violant activities began in 1992; aims to overthrow the secular Algerian regime and replace it with an Islamic state

Source: WordNet Princeton University

Fille Friday said:

GIA: terrorist organization of Islamic extremists whose violant activities began in 1992; aims to overthrow the secular Algerian regime and replace it with an Islamic state

[/QUOTE

hmmmm, maybe not, seems a bit exagerate introducing staring at the sun

Fille Friday said:

:happy:

babyman said:
seems a bit exagerate introducing staring at the sun

well these lyrics sort of sound right...

Will we ever live in peace?
Cause those that can't do often have to
Those that can't do often have to... preach
Intransigence is all around... military is still in town
Armour plated suits and ties... daddy just won't say goodbye
Referee won't blow the whistle God is good but will HE listen

Fille Friday said:

well these lyrics sort of sound right...

Will we ever live in peace?
Cause those that can't do often have to
Those that can't do often have to... preach
Intransigence is all around... military is still in town
Armour plated suits and ties... daddy just won't say goodbye
Referee won't blow the whistle God is good but will HE listen

yeah, but he says big g.i.a. with a not so upset face as he usually does when he refers to some terrorists or wars or bombings...........i don't know, it seems a bit strange, maybe it's a thing between him and edge

babyman said:

yeah, but he says big g.i.a. with a not so upset face as he usually does when he refers to some terrorists or wars or bombings...........i don't know, it seems a bit strange, maybe it's a thing between him and edge

I think you're right

I agree that is must be an inside joke because Edge and him are laughing at it. I was wondering about that too at first i thought he said G.A. but then i realized it did say G.I.A.

Is it possible that he says "G.A.A.," which is short for the Gaelic Athletics Association?

I figured it was another football reference.

I was way off, I thought he said it was a good year (referring to football)......who knows!

broken toy said:
Is it possible that he says "G.A.A.," which is short for the Gaelic Athletics Association?

I figured it was another football reference.

i heard "it was a bit GAA, wasn't it?"
if the Gaelic Athletics Association is a real thing (i don't know much about Ireland or sports associations) then thats probably what it is.
I really don't think it has anything to do with terrorism, because Bono and Edge were LAUGHING at it.

Does anyone know wtf is so funny about a beachball anyway???
i can understand a chuckle, but Edge was practically doubled over with the giggles. Private joke i guess, but i'm willing to hear anyones theorys!

Back
Top Bottom