Sexual Messages in U2's Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
True, but you put gasoline inside the submarine.

In the case of Bono's submarine, I would think that he would want that to be the one going in, somewhere else...perhaps he has a submarine, and she has/is the sea?

Do you see my logical dilemma?

YES, totally, the genders are mixed up! She should be the submarine, he should be the gasoline.

OK we could really find a sexual meaning in ANY lyrics if we try hard enough!!!

I think several pages back someone mentioned "Three to a bed". Menage a trois! "I can feel it coming...think I know what it is." You have to be in that sort of mindset and you could turn almost any song into a sexual song!

OK this should be considerably harder... how about Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own.

You think you got the stuff/ You're telling me and anyone/ you're hard enough.

Guy thinks he's well hung, so he shows off with it. And the last part is obvious.

That wasn't even that hard :wink:

Do you feel anything at all?
I wanna see your thoughts take shape

Thoughts take shape, how about, when a guy thinks perverted thoughts he gets a boner, that's quite the thought taking shape there I'd say!

There is no failure here sweetheart
Just when you quit...

Could be that a woman usually takes longer to please than a male, so it will eventually happen as long as the male doesn't give up?

I've had enough of romantic love

One night stand?

Well it would be odd to make a new thread, how would you title it? The perverted song lyric game? :lol:

Take these shoes

Take this shirt

Undressing someone
Always pain before a child is born
Well, there's only one way to make babies the natural way. :wink:

Take these hands
Teach them what to carry
Take these hands
Don't make a fist no

Well, carry the woman over the treshold, kinda cliche tho. And don't make a fist meaning be gentle, perhaps a virgin?
Take this mouth
So quick to criticize
Take this mouth
Give it a kiss

No thinking, just kissing/making out... one night stand ish, no commitments, just the fun
love is like a drop in the ocean
Or perhaps like a single seed that creates the baby in the amount of sperm released with the male orgasm?

I bet Freud would have a field day with me.

When I first heared the Wallmart tracks I nearly died when I thought Bono said cock or two :lol: Ahhh Cockatoo :huh:

I thought it was "daylights", but anywho...

I'm on an island at a busy intersection
I can't go forward, I can't turn back
Can't see the future
It's getting away from me
I just watch the tail lights glowing

Orly? When do you find your tail lights starting to glow? :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom