Sexual Messages in U2's Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Damn! LIVE, thread! LIVE!!!! :mad:

On an added note, I think I may have understood the POE reference.

The sad part is that there probably isn't one to begin with. :| [/pervert]

^ Yeah I had a theory too, but I don't want to share it cos I'm doubting that there was a real reference, and if I do people will know I've got a dirty/perverted mind and too much time in the day to sit and ponder how Peace on Earth is a sexual song. :reject:

OMB! This is all hilarious! As to whether its actually all true i doubt for some but mostly it is just highly entertaining to see all the things people come up with:lol:i didn't get the POE thing either by the way..if there was anything to get...anyways...the kite one, no way, kite isn't a sexual song, though it does sound a bit that way, i can just never see it that way. Some days:lol: :lol: one i wanted to bring up for the sake of discussion...vertigo lyric, "your love is teaching me how, how to kneel"....there you go theres my contribution! But really almost any of the lyrics can be sexual if you REALLY read into it, like even in beautiful day "you've been all over, and its been all over you"....if you really think about it, i'm sure you can take something sexual out of that!! Well keep coming with the hilarity guys!!

what was with the "alternate" mofo lyrics or whatever?

what miggy d said to, brilliant! :p

Re: Surrounding me, going down on me...

~BrightestStar~ said:
Perverts.

All of you.

There are no sexual references in u2 songs...NONE....it's all in your dirty little minds. :shame:

That's right! All members of U2 are chaste and as pure as driven (as opposed to driven on) snow. How they managed to produce children we will never know. :D :reject:

glad to see the thread's still alive!
I recently listened to a song from ATYCLB and realized the lyrics fit in this thread!

1st verse (bono sings from a male's perspective)
I've got no self-control
been living like a mole now, going down; excavation!

(assume Bono sings in the perspective of a female)
A mole diggin' in a hole!
Diggin' up my soul now goin' down; excavation!
woohoos (no need to explain)

I and I in the sky, you make me feel like I can fly, so high! (the man/woman thanks God for the pleasure)

I guess we now know what was the THING that is elevating:lol:

I :heart: this thread. :love:

One of the more beautiful, undertoned sex lines B-man wrote from an otherwise overtly sexual song, Wild Horses:

Took a drive in the dirty rain
To a place where the wind calls your name
Under the trees, the river laughing at you and me
Hallelujah, heaven's white rose
The doors you open, I just can't close

One of my favorite lines that always seemed really unintentional but fits perfectly:

When my heart is where it's always been
My head is somewhere in between

Re: the Mysterious Ways line, I always interpreted that as sexual as well--but from the standpoint of the female. She's telling the guy that if he wants to kiss the sky (i.e. sleep with her) he'll have to learn how to kneel (i.e. treat her right, respect her, worship her :wink:).

Just my 2 cents. :)

Well, it may be a tad early for the new album, since it's just about to fade off into obscurity yet again

:heart:It's A Musical Journey :heart: :wink:

I'm too lazy to see if these have been mentioned, but! --

"In a Little While"

Turn it on....
You turn me on...

Hehe! :lol:

"Running to Stand Still"

Sweet the sin, bitter taste in my mouth :sexywink:

may i remind you that Kite is mainly about 'learning to let go of somebody you don't want to let go' -watch the Boston elevation DvD- in that prosses i don't think he'll think about sex, and by the way there is nothing sexual in AB, well i don't hear it.

One of my favorite lines that always seemed really unintentional but fits perfectly:

When my heart is where it's always been
My head is somewhere in between

Re: the Mysterious Ways line, I always interpreted that as sexual as well--but from the standpoint of the female. She's telling the guy that if he wants to kiss the sky (i.e. sleep with her) he'll have to learn how to kneel (i.e. treat her right, respect her, worship her :wink:).

Just my 2 cents. :)

Well, I have a heavier theory about it.
For me, it always was about oral sex...:whistle:
Well, read again the lyric and see it by your own

:sexywink:

I've always thought the Mysterious Ways line "If you want to kiss the sky you better learn how to kneel" is a reference to the Jimi Hendrix song "Purple Haze"...."Scuse me while I kiss the sky".

and by the way there is nothing sexual in AB, well i don't hear it.

I can't tell if Earl's being ironic or not!

I've always thought the Mysterious Ways line "If you want to kiss the sky you better learn how to kneel" is a reference to the Jimi Hendrix song "Purple Haze"...."Scuse me while I kiss the sky".

So Bono's supposed to go down on Jimi Hendrix? :scratch:

I heart this thread :lol:

Back
Top Bottom