Sexual Messages in U2's Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A friend once told me about a few sexual lyric interpretations for a few of U2's songs. I never knew of this or interpreted the lyrics like this but it has shed some new light on the songs for me. I want to know if they are in fact relating to sex or was my friend just using his immagination.

1. Song: Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses?
Lyrics in question: " Who is going to taste your saltwater kisses?"
What is a saltwater kiss? My friend explaned to me that a saltwater kiss is a kiss that tastes salty due to a foreign salty substance in ones mouth(ejaculate).

2. Song: Kite
Lyrics in question:
"‘Cause hardness, it sets in,
You need some protection, the thinner the skin"

This one seems a little more obvious. So hardness sets in, then you need some protection, the thinner the better. I'm trying not to make the lyrics sound sick but this one just does.

3. Song: Hold Me Thrill Me, Kiss me, kill me
Lyrics in question:
The whole orgasm at the end of the song. What is that about? Do we need to hear Bono moaning like that? How does that add to the song?

4. Song: So Cruel
Lyrics in question:
"I'm only hanging on to watch you go down, my love." & "Then she makes you watch her from above"
Both of these, according to my friend, have to do with oral sex. Any merit to this?

5. Song: Mysterious Ways
Lyrics in question:
"If you want to kiss the sky, better learn how to kneel
On your knees, boy!"
Also having to deal with oral sex.

SO, what are your thoughts? I never thought of U2 to be so sexual in their songs. Most of these come from the AB era. Maybe that was sexual time for them.

Are these lyrics sexaully based?

ARe any other U2 songs sexually based?

This thread has made me happy. Of course we need to hear Bono moaning at the end of HMTMKMKM. I also hear him moaning in one of the remixes of Discotheque

Im sure this has already been posted in this very great thread, :wink: but I noticed this in Acrobat:

"Now it looks like this
And you can swallow
Or you can spit
You can throw it up
Or choke on it"

:cute:

:love: This thread is back!

Yea that's been stated in U2 at the and of the world, where Bill talks to Bono about the various oral sex references on AB. :shifty:

OH MY GAWD!!! :hyper: There are sexual meanings in U2´s lyrics??!?!?!?!? :hmm:

:lol: AAAHAHAHAHAHA! You guys crack me up :applaud:
Great posts and viewpoints on this matter tho. Thanks .
Now stop being naughty and read what else is there in between the words.

Yes! The Dirty Minds (great bandname btw!) are back!:happydance:

So, here it is: the sexual analysis (what a word) of Moment of Surrender! The song is about bondage or S&M.

I tied myself with wire
To let the horses run free

Well, the mistress must have done this, because no one can tie himself with wire.
He sees the mistress as a group of horses who are going to stomp all over him.

Playing with the fire
Until the fire played with me

Something with candle wax...

The stone was semi-precious
We were barely conscious
Two souls too smart to be
In the realm of certainty
Even on our wedding day [I/]

He was stoned, high of the tension. He enjoys it so much, he goes back in time when went to a bondage session even on his wedding day!

We set ourselves on fire
Oh God, do not deny her

Oops, accident with the candle wax!
No of course you can't deny an SM mistress when you are on your knees barking like a dog!

It’s not if I believe in love
If love believes in me
Oh, believe in me

If he obeys her, he is a good slave. Then she gives him her love.

At the moment of surrender
I folded to my knees
I did not notice the passers-by
And they did not notice me

He had to sit on his knees during the bondage session. He was blindfolded and didn't know how many people were in that room.

I’ve been in every black hole
At the altar of the dark star
My body’s now a begging bowl

:censored:

(My boyfriend went: "What? Did he just sing 'My body's now a glory hole'? And I thought my band was gay!" :hyper: )

That’s begging to get back, begging to get back
To my heart
To the rhythm of my soul
To the rhythm of my unconsciousness
To the rhythm that yearns
To be released from control

He wants some more. He listens to rhythm of the whip and wants to lose all control!

I was punching in the numbers at the ATM machine
I could see in the reflection
A face staring back at me
Of vision over visibility

Then the session ends and he has to pay the mistress for a nice SM session.

I was speeding on the subway
Through the stations of the cross
Every eye looking every other way
Counting down ’til the train would stop

And he goes home, thinking that it's too bad it's over, but he's in a hurry, because the wife will wonder where he's been.

Of vision of over visibility

All the masks and blindfolds are off after the session. He sees the faces of all the people in the room. They don't know each other but when they will see each other they'll keep their little secrets to themselves...

Oh, you are amazing!!!!!! :lol: I registered myself to this forum because of this thread.
I laughet out loud for 2 hours long. My tears were flowing!!! God damn!!!! :lol: Hats off, You perverse bastards!!! Keep it up, guys and girls!! :applaud::applaud::applaud:
All I need to say: Oh yes!!! I need to hear Bono moaning. :heart::love:
And I LOVE the end of Hold me Thrill me Kiss me Kill me :love:

I found something that wasn´t here yet. It´s from Lemon:
She's gonna make you whisper and moan
And when you're dry
She draws the water from the stone

:wink:

:heart:

i think i know why ali has stayed around for 20 years. Bono obviously has quite a knowledge! :lol:

don;t they say that religion and sex are so close togehter? All that pleasure and pain and getting on your knees and fervour and all of that, so some people see it as religion, while i see sex sex sex.

Back
Top Bottom