Red Hill Mining Town

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nope. its was supposed to be released as a single from JT, but after tour rehearsals they realized bono couldnt handle the high part every night so it was dropped and it has never been played live, probably cause of the obvious strain on his voice during the JT / Lovetown tours, and his voice is starting getting shitty in the live tours in the 1990s.

onegin22 said:
his voice is starting getting shitty in the live tours in the 1990s.

His voice was starting to drift off in POPmart, and ZooTv, but I liked how well he pulled off on Elevation (well I unfortunately didn't get see any of the elevation shows.....but DVD sounded good)

adamswildhoney said:
actually it was played live and I have a recording of it :yes: I do

wow, um, in the u2faq it specifically says that Red Hill Mining Town has never been performed live, but i guess what you have is either a soundcheck recording or some sort of trashed studio cut, either way i would be VERY interested in some sort of trade.

adamswildhoney said:
I am really sorry but I have no way to send it to you guys I might try to load it to sicy ftp but I can only do that sometime this weekend tho

holy crap that is friggin awesome, i know theres a live version covered by Dream Theater but i never knew it was played live by U2 themselves, if you want to contact me, my email is onegin22@yahoo.com
thanks a bunch

does ANYBODY have this live version of RHMT.
Honestly, i really didnt think one existed, and am quesitoning this.

adamswildhoney, do you have AOL instant messanger, if so, IM me at Lensky22 next time your on.
thanks

i dont have WinMX, but i do know when you do it in kazaa, it comes up with the Dream Theater cover of RHMT, which remotely sounds like U2, so maybe thats what you have and the mp3 is mislabeled...is there a wild guitar solo at the end? if so, its the DT cover of it.

Back
Top Bottom