Pride ( In The Name Of Love ) has got to be one of the best

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1mitnol

Babyface
How can you have just one favourite song ? U2 has so many songs that just cut up your heart, you know, "make you whisper and moan". I could never say that one song is better than all the others.

Until hearing and *seeing* it played live, I never liked Pride--probably bc it was so overplayed on the radio and at my little junior high dances. But man, watching Edge's fingers go...and Larry--well, all of them--it totally changed the song for me and I hear it differently now and love it

paxetaurora said:
"Pride" is a pretty heavy song for a junior high school dance, isn't it?

lol, well it was mixed in with bon jovi, def leppard, poison--all that good 80s rock.

btw, paxetaurora, nov. 12 was a good day to be born! :)

this is a great song! i remember hearing it on the radio when i was little. nothing beats listening to it live, though. living in memphis, i got to see them perform it live for popmart. i don't know if they did this at every concert, but they turned the lights off, every single one so it was pitch black, and we were singing the "oh oh oh" part for like 5 or so minutes. it was a really awesome experience! :D

I think Pride the album version gives a great kick.Its an amazing pump up song, try it out in the gym.I can never get tired of listening to Pride (album ver.)

R&H Pride

The best version of Pride for me is the one off the R&H album. So intense. ;) Plus, I liked it better back when the band played it faster.

Pride was always my favorite song as I was addicted to the riff.

I think the best version is Rattel and Hum.

Now, however, Bad and One Tree Hill have usurped the position in a tie for #1.

I still love Pride though..

Hmmm....

Back
Top Bottom