One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Love is a temple
Love a higher law
Love is a temple
Love the higher law
You ask me to enter
But then you make me crawl
And I can't be holding on
To what you got
When all you got is hurt

:hug: I just felt like we needed a thread for this song. It's my favorite. I can't even put into words how much it has touched me. I set up my own radio station on launch.com, and today it was the first song to come on. Yay!

Last edited by a moderator:
One is one of the most grand, beautiful songs ever written. Sweepingly majestic, yet piercing and heart-wrenching at the same time...:drool: ...I LOVE this song!

Do you hear me coming, Lord?
Do you hear me call?
Do you hear me knocking,
Will you make me crawl?

Do you hear me call?
Do you here me knocking,
Knocking at your door?

:heart: My fave part of One. It is an amazing song!

FallingStar said:
Do you hear me call?
Do you hear me knocking,
Will you make me crawl?

Do you hear me call?
Do you here me knocking,
Knocking at your door?

:heart: My fave part of One. It is an amazing song!

You know what I think is interesting... if you listen to some of the first versions of "One" while U2 was working on it in the studio... Bono sings those lines... but then on the album version he doesn't. Then he adds them back in in most concerts :) I also love those lines :yes:

how on earth did you get recordings of the 'one' demos hippyactress??? I read about those berlin sessions, they sounded pretty intense, but a recording of them?? Where do you get it? How? I must know!!!
Anyway, so why did he leave those lines out on the album version? That song is great anyway, but it is those lines that really do it for me every time. A bit of a shame really. Actually I always assumed they were borrowed from some other song, like what bono does at the end of 'bad', but if they are U2 lines thats even better!

I only heard them because I have the mp3 of that recording of "One" they did at the same time they did "Miss Sarajevo" live...wherever did you find those demos, Hippy? You must dish! :yes:

Re: I have night vision goggles...we can meet at his place at midnight

daisybean said:

Not entirely......they embellished the tv theme song

;)

I know :tongue:

But it was easier to have him say "Hey, I wrote that!" than to have him say "Hey, Adam Clayton and I took the original tv theme song and embellished it, making it more of a tune you can dance to... we thought it fit the movie really well. I'm proud of that work."

:p

Re: Re: I have night vision goggles...we can meet at his place at midnight

hippyactress said:

I know :tongue:

But it was easier to have him say "Hey, I wrote that!" than to have him say "Hey, Adam Clayton and I took the original tv theme song and embellished it, making it more of a tune you can dance to... we thought it fit the movie really well. I'm proud of that work."

:p

:up: :lmao: Definitely!

Back
Top Bottom