NLOTH Lyrics - Do they represent?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acrobatic

War Child
I looked around and I didn't see a thread to this effect. What do you think about the lyrics on this album?

I read reviews saying the music is better than the lyrics. Bono failed and the band picked up. WTF!

Personally, I think that reviewer was either bias or angry. In any regard, what do you think? Which song has the best lyrics and what do they mean to you? Does the music outweigh Bono's writing on this album?

Personally, I think he's right on point and any reviewer who doesn't get it is either naive or right out of journalism school and clueless, or they never listened to U2 and have no clue what they are about.

"I drove to the scene of the accident and I sat there waiting for me" "this dry ground bears no fruit at all...only poppies laugh under the crescent moon..the road refuses strangers..." " as boys we would go hunting in the woods to sleep at night shoot at the stars...now the wolves are every passing stranger...every face we can not know"

Shouldn't this go in It's A Musical Journey?

I'm curious why? It's all about NLOTH and all that it's about! But I'm a come-and-go-lately poster so ? Isn't that what "Where An Album Has A Name" is about, to discuss the album? Why are the lyric discussions segregated?

I'm not discussing lyrics per say, I want to know if the music outweighs the lyrics?

We have this whole separate forum for lyircs discussions, for any and all albums. :)

Well with all due respect, dont really know what to tell you, that's the way it is.

If you feel that strongly about the thread being in WTAHAN I can move it back for you. :shrug:

Well with all due respect, dont really know what to tell you, that's the way it is.

If you feel that strongly about the thread being in WTAHAN I can move it back for you. :shrug:

Sicy, thanks, I'm not against the system so wherever you want it to be, I respect that!

Sticking to the topic, I actually do like the music better than the lyrics. I am one that doesn't always pay specific attention to the lyrics or pick them apart like a lot of people do here. I just love the music, Bono's voice, etc. That being said, there are some very interesting lyrics on this album and the more I listen to it the more I will form an opinion. I will get back to you. :sexywink:

I just googled NLOTH reviews and saw a review that ripped Bono on lyrics - hence the thread. Just thought it would be an interesting topic. I actually think Bono writes great lyrics - if you (the listener) comprehends them. I find a lot of them amusing - "Stand Up" stands out. I think a lot portray Bono having a big ego (if you didn't know any better) :D.

On the otherhand, they come across in spiritual and personal tones. (No kidding :ohmy:)

Pathetically, I am not offering evidence but it's right there in front of us. (I have no excuse, I've been checking out the threads that most interest me and sadly that robbed me of a developed post). Just wanted to contribute in some way.

Do we really need a thread about any and every little snippet we might not agree with in a review? There is so much crap written about U2, their music, their new album, the band members personally, I don't think we need to open a new thread whenever something like that comes up. Also, I suggest we merge the NLOTH lyrics threads.

I think that the lyrics on this album are one of its strongest parts. I have NO IDEA where anyone criticizing the lyrics is coming from. Bono is finally being subtle again, something we've been begging him to do throughout this entire decade.

If some people prefer straightforward (read: boring) lyrics, fine. But I will always love Bono's deeper, more mysterious lyrical efforts.

Back
Top Bottom