Mistake in The Unforgettable Fire?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

machphisto214

Babyface
If you listen to the Album version of The Unforgettable Fire you can hear a mistake. At the very beginning of the song turn the volume way up. You will here Larry hitting his drumsticks together, then suddenly he stops and says "Oh sh*t." I guess he wasn't supposed to come in yet... Does anyone know why U2 put that version on the album? Were they pressed for time that badly?

'mistakes' like that are usually left on purpose. i like it. it adds personality, a little flavor, and a bit of insight into the recording process and the people behind the recording. And when you find them days, weeks, or years later, it's like finding a little something else, like a secret, that you never noticed before

yeah, i guess he came in a little early... you might notice though that the sequencer or keyboard or something starts up as soon as he's done clicking, so maybe he just had a wrong cue or something?

There's also always the chance that it was all scripted and that's how they wanted it to be. To look like a mistake. I personally thing that The Unforgettable Fire is the best U2 studio song...

If you listen to the beginning of "Lemon" something is said. I don't know what it is, but it's there.

~zoo~

------------------
" They had the Vision, but we had the Television " - The Edge

Back
Top Bottom