Misheard Lyrics (aka, um, wtf?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably my favourite would be 'Edge is blowing in the breeze' in Wild Honey, instead of 'Yeah, just blowing in the breeze'. Quite funny mental images, when you think about it.

I got this from HM,TM,KM,KM...

A monster pushes you down..

translation:almost as much as you doubt.

C'mon and kill me :macdevil:

From HMTMKMKM i got (from the same line)

"believing in yourself amongst all the watchers in town"

really:
"believing in yourself almost as much as you doubt"

LOL I'm only a quarter down that page of misheard lines, and I'm peeing myself!!!! LOL The sky's full of felines...I just imagine the sky full of cats!

Moonlit_Angel said:
My s/n stems from a misheard lyric-nothing incredibly funny, but in "Angel Of Harlem", I thought he was saying, "Moonlight on the avenue", and I thought that was a rather romantic little line. Then I found out the actual lyric.

Still a nice line, though. :).

Angela

:eek: It's not moonlight on the avenue? Oops I thought it was that until I read ur post- better go actually read that little booklet thingo!

my friend came up with this one pertaining to the Jane's Addiction song "Been Caught Stealing".

Real lyric: Hey alright, if I get by"
Misinterpretation: Hey alright, pumpkin pie"

LOLOL

Moonlit_Angel said:
My s/n stems from a misheard lyric-nothing incredibly funny, but in "Angel Of Harlem", I thought he was saying, "Moonlight on the avenue", and I thought that was a rather romantic little line. Then I found out the actual lyric.

Still a nice line, though. :).

Angela

You mean it's not??
:lol:
I have always thought it was. And never understood where your nick came from, just to add to my dumbness....

:D

BonoVoxSupastar said:
On Sort of Homecoming I heard "I'm Bono and we run" instead of "On borderland we run".

BWAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAA!!!!!!!! :lmao:

That's how I'm always gonna hear it now...

In Zoo Station isn't it "Ready For the Shuffle, Ready for the Deal" Kennerado put Showfer, but wouldn't shuffle/deal be related and make more sense?:huh:

Back
Top Bottom