Misheard lyrics...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know that I often misheard U2 lyrics, but I can't say one right away. :( Maybe with a bit of thinking... :scratch: *thinks*

I used to think that the opening of Ultraviolet went...

"Sometimes I feel like I don't know...Sometimes I feel I chicken out." :lol: Sometimes I still slip and sing it wrong!

I know there have got to be others but I can't think of any at the moment...:scratch:

The only one I can recall right now (I know there have been other ones! :D) is from "Walk to the Water". I heard "He said he was an artist/but he really painted billboards" as "The city wasn't honest/with pretty painted billboards".

FallingStar said:
I know that I often mishear U2 lyrics, but I can't say one right away. :( Maybe with a bit of thinking... :scratch: *thinks*
:sad: I still can't think of anything good! :sad: That's so depressing - when I don't need those slips of my tongue they're everywhere!

I will follow i heard- just do it just do it i will follow when its if you walkaway, walkaway doh :rolleyes:

I used to think "Pride" said "One more in the name of love" and "I Will Follow" was "Your eyes make a circle, I see you in your wedding veil."
I have a ton more misheard U2 lyrics but it's hard to remember the wrong ones once you've learned the right ones.

I think I've misheard just about every line of "Elvis Presley.." from UF. I had such a hard time hearing the words it's become somewhat of a joke and became my signature line

DorianGray said:
I think I've misheard just about every line of "Elvis Presley.." from UF. I had such a hard time hearing the words it's become somewhat of a joke and became my signature line

:lmao: That is a tricky one, isn't it?

Bono's shades said:
For years I thought the line "What more in the name of love" from "Pride" was "One man in the name of love."

For a while I thought it was One More.

:eek:

I used to think that half the lyrics to "I Will Follow" were nonsense syllables. Like, instead of "If you walk away, walk away, I walk away, walk away..."

I heard:

"Wah-hoo-way-wah-hoo-way-ah-wah-hoo-way-wah-hoo-way"

Dear, sweet Bono before he learned to enunciate. So cute.

This question was asked a while ago, and my favorite reply to this was that someone once used to hear "You used to stay up to watch the aardvarks (instead of 'adverts')" from Stay...I have not looked at that song the same way since! :)

Angell said:
This question was asked a while ago, and my favorite reply to this was that someone once used to hear "You used to stay up to watch the aardvarks (instead of 'adverts')" from Stay...I have not looked at that song the same way since! :)

Funny you should bring that line up... I use to think he said "You used to stay in to watch the Abbotts" I was like "Who the f*ck are the Abbotts?" *lol*

The best one I have ever seen though is someone thought the girl in Stay was dressed up like a cock rash instead of a car crash. I read it on a mailing list a few years back. It still makes me howl with laughter when I hear that part!

Oh, my god...

luvresqme said:
The best one I have ever seen though is someone thought the girl in Stay was dressed up like a cock rash instead of a car crash. I read it on a mailing list a few years back. It still makes me howl with laughter when I hear that part!

Hahahahahahahaha! That's funny!

My s/n comes from when I'd misheard a lyric in "Angel Of Harlem". For the longest time I thought they were saying "Moonlight on the avenue" instead of "Blue light on the avenue". Then I got the lyrics to that song (I remember thinking, when I heard what I thought was "Moonlight", how romantic a lyric that sounded. It still sounds romantic with the correct words, though :D).

Angela

It's not my story, but a good friend of mine originally heard the "suit of lights" line from Gone as:

"Goodbye, you can keep this soup of lies."

I always thought that was hilarious.

Peace.

soup of lies? cock rash?? those are too funny...

i used to sing part of "In God's Country" as "slip guns lackey drums" instead of the correct and sensical "sleep comes like a drug." it seems to me i was on some kind of drug....

i thought walk on was "rock on" because i was dumb and hadnt heard the album before my first ATYCLB concert....

and i also didn't know he was saying "the goal is soul." I kinda just thought he was saying "GO! GO!"

i am, as you now know, an idiot.

:ohmy: I was listening to "One Tree Hill" in my room today and my mom started singing along and she was TOTALLY off...I didn't say anything, but I was in shock because, after all, she was the one who got me into them in the first place!

For YEARS I have wondered about Bono's Bongolese in "Another Time, Another Place" at about 3:37 ... here's what I hear:

Aye aye aye
Hew say hah
she's on ew say haaaleh
ees
hi lay argh
he's still hah
let go cheesecake holdin'

Can anyone clue me in as to what's really being sung? Assuming I'm wrong :wink:

I always heard it as this eiderdown something something lemon cheesecake

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom