Misheard lyrics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clementine_rose

War Child
Lastnight I was listening to Pop, my mother was with me, the song Discotheque was playing and you know this line, "You know your chewing bubble gum." Well I heard my mother singing....the wrong lyrics....I was just laughing so hard and she was asking me what I was laughing at. I finally stopped laughing enough to tell her what the real lyrics are and she was so embarassed. The way that she sings that line is, "You know its you and Bubba Gump."
I thought that this was just so funny and thought I would share this with you all. If anyone has any misheard lyrics feel free to tell them, I always think it is funny to hear what people think is being said in a song.

"shamoo, the mysterious whale" (mysterious ways) is one of my favs. When I first heard that, and then tried to listen to the song after, i couldn't do it for laughing :)

I remember Bono once telling what was his favorite misheard lyric. He said he heard it in Japan for "Out of Control". The real lyric: "Monday morning eighteen years have gone...". What the Japanese thought it was...."Monday morning knitting ears of gold..". Bono said he thought, in retrospect, the Japanese misheard lyrics were better than his own.

In the song HMTMKMKM the lyrics "Believing in yourself almost as much as you doubt", I went 3 years singing, "Bleeding your cellphones as it washes you down." What that means I have no idea, but that is what I thought it said. Also the song Stuck in a Moment the line "I was unconscious, half asleep", I always say "I was unconscious, surface seat." Oh, and I don't know why but to this day I can not seem to say the right words even though I know what they are.

I bet that I will think of some more misheard lyrics later. I honestly think that I am the Queen of Misheard lyrics. Don't know how a person can get so many songs wrong.

the first time i heard please i thought bono said "its my love of steel, its my love of steel" rather than "its what lovers deal, its what lovers steal"

When "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" first came out my mom thought they were sing "I'm still having FUN what I'm looking for! I said, what's that supposed to mean? We still laugh about that!

Ok well this wasn't a misheard lyric this was just i really didn't get what Bono was saying...lol

Once i was listening to RH with my smart mommy..hehe and Bono was singing "Gloria..G L O R I A " well silly me didn't understand what he was spelling so i ask my mom if she gets it...my moms starts to laugh and says hes spelling "gloria"...and then i start to laugh and i'm like "duh"...hehe
Well ever since that day everytime my mom and i hear "gloria" we start to laugh.

:dance:

angel_28 said:
Ok well this wasn't a misheard lyric this was just i really didn't get what Bono was saying...lol

Once i was listening to RH with my smart mommy..hehe and Bono was singing "Gloria..G L O R I A " well silly me didn't understand what he was spelling so i ask my mom if she gets it...my moms starts to laugh and says hes spelling "gloria"...and then i start to laugh and i'm like "duh"...hehe
Well ever since that day everytime my mom and i hear "gloria" we start to laugh.

:dance:

haha i always thought he was singing, "geela hora ay", some spanish lingo.

Back
Top Bottom