MERGED -> Embarrass yourself here! + Your Mighty Lyrical Stuff-Ups!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was just on the U2.com lyrics site, and I found out that in Always, where I and alot of other people, thought he shouts "TURN EACH SONG INTO A PRAYER! ALWAYS!!" it's apparently "TURNING SLOWLY INTO A PRAYER! ALWAYS!!"
:shocked: I'm devastated! I was so sure I was right, but no, wrong again. :sigh:

U2.com isn't always right! I love that song and was sure your lyric was the correct one. So... I had a listen and yes I am ABSOULTELY CONVINCED that it is "turn each song into a prayer" - no chance it could be what U2.com said it was!

lesallimc said:
OK, when Bono yells "hours of fun" in Vertigo, I thought he was saying "jazzophone". I don't even know what that means....:reject:
:laugh: Me too...it sounds nothing like "hours of fun" on any studio version of Vertigo!

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:
U2.com isn't always right! I love that song and was sure your lyric was the correct one. So... I had a listen and yes I am ABSOULTELY CONVINCED that it is "turn each song into a prayer" - no chance it could be what U2.com said it was!
I hope you're right, cos if you're not, it means I'm going crazy!:drunk: :wink:

Hawkmoon04 said:
Funny post..
Gone is one of my routine songs that I will listen to on a regular basis.
I always thought the line was...

You can take this...suit of lies......

It is suit of lights ,
I actually think i like lies better. But it was untill about a month ago when i relized how wrong i was.

I always thought so too, until I bought POP and read the booklet. I always used to listen to it and think "WOW! What an amazing lyric!", especially the way Bono sings it all bitter-sounding (well, that's how he sounds to me anyway but given the evident failings of my hearing...). I still can't believe that it's actually "lights" 'cos I loved "lies" so much.

And as for Vertigo- what he's allegedly singing in the booklet and what I actually hear are too completely different things. For example, I always hear "Charles De Gaulle" at the what I assume to be "fun for all" part.

I very frequently make mistakes in U2 lyrics, though I can't name one. I had some good laughs in this topic though.

Especially "its alright, its alright, its alright, Shamu the Mysterious Whale" and "Edge is blowing in the breeze" :lol: :lmao:

Hmm...... I've got to have something.......

Well, before I listened to the words, I would always listen to W or W/O you before I went to bed, because it was such a soothing song. But i had no idea what it was about. But I would always complain aobut the one part sort of in the middle, becasue it got so damn LOUD when teh rest of the song was calm

Nowadays, if I listen to the song, it makes me think too much, and rarely helps me fall asleep...

Actually

I used to think it was

"I can live, with or without you"
:huh:

Slightly different meaning in real version of the lyrics, though.

--------------------------------

I know there are more, but I can't think of any

imogen said:

Isn't it 'convent' shoes????
Yes its 'convent'!
But what is really freaking me out is that you look just like me and we share the same geography!

Also that bit in Vertigo .....i think a lot of Bono's lyrics are unfinished during recording but the feel and sound of what gets recorded is so good that sometimes he doesnt worry if there is no actual lyric. So it stays! "Check mate-hours of fun" Yeah right! He doeant sing that at all. I think it might be an "in" joke.

Re: Embarrass yourself here!

BONO'ppetit said:

Until today I always wondered how Bono got away with saying, "And a fever when I'm inside her. Desire..."
faint.gif
I just saw that it's 'beside' only moments ago.
emb.gif

I thought this too :reject:

Honestly I don't see what the big deal about singing that would be anyway :shrug:

In all because of you, i was convinced u2 had made up the word chune for the longest time... until i told my brother who promptly looked up the lyrics online and proved the word i thought was chune, was really tune.

mei said:
I think i read this on @U2

" its alright, its alright, its alright, Shamu the Mysterious Whale.."

:wink:

hihihiihih have to think at shamu the mysterious whale
when i hear the song!!!
:laugh:

TheQuiet1 said:

I always thought so too, until I bought POP and read the booklet. I always used to listen to it and think "WOW! What an amazing lyric!", especially the way Bono sings it all bitter-sounding (well, that's how he sounds to me anyway but given the evident failings of my hearing...). I still can't believe that it's actually "lights" 'cos I loved "lies" so much.

And as for Vertigo- what he's allegedly singing in the booklet and what I actually hear are too completely different things. For example, I always hear "Charles De Gaulle" at the what I assume to be "fun for all" part.

One more for the "suit of lies" list. Knowing that it's actually suit of lights gives me the mental image of Bono wrapped up in Christmas lights. :ohmy: :eyebrow:

^I always hear "The heart is aglow". Certainly doesn't sound like "... a bloom" to me. Maybe I need a hearing test...

'Every artist is a cannibal...' [The Fly]

I always knew that's what it is, but I still end up thinking it's maybe 'every artist is a catapult...'

Funnier, like. ;)

Here's one I get wrong all the time from DO YOU FEEL LOVED.

The actual line is "Take my shirt, go on take it off me"

I swear I hear "Take my Sugar - Take my coffee"

These are not mine, but they're funny:

- In summer I can taste the salty sea / There's a CAT blowing out of control on the breeze.

- Edge is blowing in the breeze, wild honey

- The sky's full of feline you feel like / It's a beautiful day

- When the soul wants / The soul WEIGHTS
(instead of waits...)

"A blind spider in a corner is told, 'hit where it hurts', silver and gold."

It doesn't sound like "prize fighter" to me. And my version is cooler. :shifty:

I always thought "See the stone set in your eyes" was "See the storm set in your eyes" which I actually like better.

I'm also really good at saying the wrong preposition here and there...

Varitek said:
I always thought "See the stone set in your eyes" was "See the storm set in your eyes" which I actually like better.

That IS really good. I'm telling ya, Bono should hand over lyric writing duties to us at Interference... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom