MERGED ----> Elevation Voted 5th Worst Lyrics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seriously?

"The air is heavy, heavy as a truck"

"In New York summers get hot, well into the hundreds
You can't walk around the block without a change of clothing"

"With a mouth full of teeth, you ate all your friends"

I was initially turned off by U2 because of Elevation, but it doesn't have the WORST lyrics...

Trinity3000 said:
NO these are the worst lyrics ever!

Lucky that my breasts are small and humble
So you don't confuse them with mountains

Shakira - Whenever, Wherever
Shakira has even worse lyrics than that, and I say that as a fan :wink:
I used to think that it was just because English was her third language, and maybe she didn't realize some of the stuff was coming across as so strange, but no, her Spanish songs have lyrics that are just as strange :shrug:

Other Shakira honourable mentions:

"I used to sing the saddest songs
And in the meantime roaches used to climb my door
Falling back down to the floor

I used to read survival guides
When my world was full of seven-legged cats
But here I am with eight more lives"

And we can't forget:

"To buy more thongs
And write more happy songs
It always takes a little help from someone"

:wink:

I'd like to nominate "We turn away to face the cold, enduring chill, as the day begs the night for mercy love" from One Tree Hill.

:down: Putrid.

[/pot stirring] :shifty:

Some days are better than Others

Are you serious? I love these lyrics, they hold a lot for me. Just the thing to listen to if you're having a shit day. Some days are better than others. Also, if it helps, trying replacing the word 'days' with 'dicks'. Humourous results.

COBL_04 said:
I'd like to nominate "We turn away to face the cold, enduring chill, as the day begs the night for mercy love" from One Tree Hill.

Really?? I like that line so much... In fact I love that song because of the lyrics...

I agree that the worst U2 line ever is "The air is heavy/ heavy as a truck" wich makes me sad because I like the rest of ES lyrics...

LPU2 said:
Here is U2's worst lyric. The metaphor is bad enough, but the fit of word to melody is so awkward too.

"Well you left my heart empty as a vacant lot
For any spirit to haunt"

As a vacant lot? A VACANT LOT?! For the luvva Yeats, an educated man can't come up with something more interesting than that??

Achtung Baby has U2's best lyrics (she wears my love like a see-through dress; love is clockworks and cold steel, fingers too numb to feel; everything in The Fly) and worst, in my opinion (between the horses of love and lust, we are trampled underfoot).

OK I was right there with you, nodding my head in total agreement, because Achtung Baby does have just about 9 of the best 10 lyrics and probably 4 of the worst 5...but then you go and cite your idea of the worst and it's one of my favorite lines???? Between the horses of love and lust we are trampled underfoot. I'm not sure what their thing with horses was for AB but if you've ever been in a situation where love and lust are fighting eachother, that line just perfectly expresses it, both in the words and even more so in how he sings it.

And it's such a perfect example of the lyrical diversity (amazing/awful) of AB because it comes right after a line that's just as bad as "empty as a vacant lot": "The night is bleeding like a cut." ugh. Top 3 worst Bono "Obviousman" vox lines: heavy as a truck, empty as a vacant lot, bleeding like a cut. He should stick to metaphor and stay far far away from simile. (please, someone drag up a brilliant simile now and I'll eat my words.)

While some of the lyrics to elevation are bad, it really doesn't matter because this list is pretty much crap from 5-10 anyway....

Back
Top Bottom