MERGED: "Electrical Storm"+"Electrical Storm Lyrics"+"lyrics on U2.com&quot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know. I had faith it was heavy as a drug because heavy as a truck is too cheezy. When the official lyrics were printed, I quickly checked. Boy, what a let down!

Oh well, the song is still good! :)

lyrics on U2.com / car alarm line in ES

hey there

I'm guessing this is probably the right forum to post this in?....

anyway, I'm having a debate on the Wire about the accuracy of the lyrics section on U2.com.......and I seem to remember that many others also believe that it has many errors....can anyone give me examples that they know of where it's blatantly inaccurate, so I can back up my argument?

Also, the debate on Wire is whether the line in ES is

'Car alarm won't let you back to sleep'

or

'Car alarm won't let John back to sleep'

I know the official lyric is 'you', but I reckon it sounds a hell of a lot more like 'john'

What do you guys think? And if there's already been a debate on this, I'd love it if people could point me towards it!

Cheers
Lu
:wave:

YES. U2.com definitely messed up the lyrics to "Bad" They state the lines:

"To let it go, and so to FIND A WAY...."

When we all know that it should be:

"To let it go, and so to FADE AWAY"

As far as Electrical Storm goes, I definitely thinks its "Car alarm, won't let YOU back to sleep" because the next line "you're kept awake dreaming someone else's dream" still refers to that YOU line. Whereas, if it was John then the next line would have to be "HE's kept awake, dreaming someo else's dream."

So in conclusion: its you.

It's definitly YOU but I think what's confusing you is that he says:

"Car alarm won't let you TURN back to sleep"

At least that's what my ear tells me. And "turn" does make since if you think about is as turning over and sleeping. :yes:

it's funny......I've heard from more people saying it says 'John' than I have saying it says 'you'

'you' makes more sense, but I just don't hear that. Neither do about 15 other people. But I can see where the 'you' camp are coming from. It sounds more like 'john' to me. But lyrically, 'you' makes more sense.

but I still can't here a 'you'. Still sounds like 'john' to me. and many more people!!!! AAAAAAArrrrrgggggh going to have to go to ireland and ask bono!!!! (only about a 10 hour train ride......I can afford that......honest......)

Love you all! Interference ROCKS!!!!

Lu

This is definitely the right forum. :) Good for you, and welcome to IAMJ!

I am hooking this thread onto the other "Electrical Storm" thread. :yes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom