Lyrics WTSHNN Point Depot 26/12/1989

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

al75u2

Babyface
Is there someone that knows the words that Bono says before the WTSHNN beginning?
Thanks a lot

The first four lines are part of William Wordsworth's Resolution And Independence. The whole thing is a tribute to Samuel Beckett, who had recently passed away. The lyrics are:

His voice to me was like a stream
Scarce heard, nor word from word could I divide
The whole body of the man did seem
Like one whom I had met in a dream
Sam Beckett dreamt of other roads
Sam Beckett dreamt of other lands
Of another home
Of another home
Where the streets have no name
Take me ... TAKE ME!

(I used to think the part where Bono said "Sam Beckett" was "some men", and I think that gives the whole section a great general applicability beyond its original context.)

Was that the last time they played the full length version of One Tree Hill? I'm pretty sure it is. It was the version with the Edge's solo and it was absolutely AWSOME, I can't believe they dropped it after that show, they seriously nailed it.

Now, a challenge for Axver....tell me what Bono is singing that is almost totally inaudible during the solo.
"With a paper love...your love isnt for sale....bitter sweet love....bitter baby.....etc etc."

Thanks . I think that was the best intro of this song, Bono's voice is AWESOME

AussieU2fanman said:
Was that the last time they played the full length version of One Tree Hill? I'm pretty sure it is. It was the version with the Edge's solo and it was absolutely AWSOME, I can't believe they dropped it after that show, they seriously nailed it.

Nope, not the last time, but nearly. It was last performed on 9 January 1990 in Rotterdam.

I maintain that it is U2's single greatest moment. I don't know how they could possibly do better. Bono's vocals are incredibly powerful and soaring, and Edge shows us all what he can do when he lets himself go. I think it is his single most powerful solo.

Now, a challenge for Axver....tell me what Bono is singing that is almost totally inaudible during the solo.
"With a paper love...your love isnt for sale....bitter sweet love....bitter baby.....etc etc."

I know no-one who has really figured that out. I certainly can't decipher it.

Back
Top Bottom