Lyrics on atyclb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amfjah

Babyface
My most favorite lyric is from stuck in a moment. It goes, its just a moment, this time will pass. I think that is so reasuring to hear. Makes you realize that life is too short I guess, and that the bad things will pass.

Hi! Well, there are a lot of lyrics on that cd that I enjoy, so I'll list a couple:

I've always been partial to Kite-
Who's to say where the wind will take you
Who's to say what it is will break you
I don't know
Which way the wind will blow

Who's to know when the time has come around
Don't want to see you cry
I know that this is not goodbye

And then the I'm a maaaaan! part too.
Also, Walk On has some good ones:
Home
That's where the hurt is

And I know it aches
And your heart it breaks
You can only take so much
Walk on

Leave it behind
You've got to leave it behind

There's more, but I've posted too much already. These particular lyrics just hit home w/ me I guess!

[This message has been edited by mocool12 (edited 08-11-2001).]

Kite is my favorite from ATYCLB. The lyrics are very touching - and especially after hearing Bono dedicate and sing it to his father from the London show- even more so. Something about the line - "I'm a man- I'm not a child", I just love it- gives me the chills everytime I hear it. I just love the whole them of moving and on and realizing that you dont need something that you thought you did... I know what I 'm trying to say here, but not doing very good job at expressing it though!

------------------
It's no secret that the stars, are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

Originally posted by amfjah:
My most favorite lyric is from stuck in a moment. It goes, its just a moment, this time will pass. I think that is so reasuring to hear. Makes you realize that life is too short I guess, and that the bad things will pass.

I love that about the song. I feel like that right from the start, the song gets you really thinking about your life. I thought about all of my problems and such, and then right at the end, those reassuring words. It's wonderful.

And then I just continue to listen to the CD and rock out to "Elevation"...then my troubles seem to completely disappear. I love that song!

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

what you don't have you don't need it now
what you don't know you can feel it somehow...

When I first heard Beautiful Day last year, it was after my boyfriend of 2 years and I had broken up. I had given up a lot for him, and when I heard Bono sing those lines I felt it run through my entire being....it was like, "Exactly!" A lightbulb had gone off...my favorite line from ATYCLB.

smile.gif

------------------
"Enough of this video bullsh**, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry, ZooTv Era

"the soul needs beauty for a soul mate"

-April

Back
Top Bottom