Love Comes Tumbling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallingStar

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Love don't need to find a way
You find your own way
I forget that I can't stay
And so I say that
All roads lead to where you are

The seed is spilled, the bed defiled
For you, a virgin bride
Hide yourself in someone else
Don't find yourself in me

I can't lift you up again
Love comes tumbling down again

Love don't need to find a way
You find your own way
I forget that you can stay
And so I say that

Yesterday I heard this song for the first time. And it is overwhelming. I don't know why, but the combination of the music and Bono's low, purring voice is really something that don't exist in any other U2 song in this way. :cute:

yesterday?! :tsk: :wink:

when i first heard this song, back in uhhh *thinks* summer of 96 methinks, i was like :drool: :cute: :love:

an awesome song, and vastly underrated. wide awake in america is a good album, albeit very, very short. but that was its intent. :D

*sits back in chair*

*cracks knuckles*

Why, I remember back in, oh, '85 or so. Them Irish fellers released an ep. 'Member those? Heh-heh, why they only cost six dollars or so. Four songs on 'em. Love Comes Tumbling was one of the songs. Not the strongest song on the record, but not the worst ever released, neither.

martha said:
*sits back in chair*

*cracks knuckles*

Why, I remember back in, oh, '85 or so. Them Irish fellers released an ep. 'Member those? Heh-heh, why they only cost six dollars or so. Four songs on 'em. Love Comes Tumbling was one of the songs. Not the strongest song on the record, but not the worst ever released, neither.

Ah, Martha, I remember way back then too. Unfortunately, I was a late bloomer when it comes to U2. I just kick myself now that I wasn't into them back in the beginning. Of course, I would be broke by now if I was spending as much going to concerts *then* as I do now.

Speaking of ep's.... kinda.... when I was on vacation up in Idaho this summer, I came across The Joshua Tree and Rattle and Hum.... the LPs. Vinyl. I bought them because all we have up at the Lake (until this year when we finally bought a CD player for the place) was a record player and I needed my U2 fix. My kids were in awe. They stared at these strange things and wondered at how they could produce music and they didn't understand why I wouldn't let them jump up and down to the album on the wooden floor. :)

martha said:
Kinda like a :shifty: licorice pizza!!!???
some may find this surprising, but i have a lot of records. no, not ones i stole from my parents and claim as mine, but ones i bought. expensive as hell, but i own some old stuff. i've only got duran duran (and related, like some solo stuff), U2, and *one* roxy music single. i like records better than cds, really. i long for the day where i can buy a nice big stereo where it's the individual stuff so i can make mp3s out of these fabulous records, as some of the stuff i have isn't available on cd, which means i can't find mp3s of them!

anyone so inclined to see my records can view them on my site. sorry martha, i don't have any who records, although i think my mom does! :D :laugh:

i'm sure this is wearing thin...

love comes tumbling rocks!
even though i had WAIA, i played the B sides constantly on my first trip in Ireland and now i always think of Dublin when I hear it.

Alwaysssss ;)

:cute: I never wanted to buy WAIA when it costed like a regular album and so I thought I could live without these two other songs...........but obviously I can't! *:hug:s Wake Awake In America*

AM said:
Adam has one of his finest moments in this song.

:adam: I was reading through this thread and was thinking exactly the same thing AM!!! :D The bass lines in this song are awesome - it's a shame it's a sort of "hidden treasure" of U2 stuff. I love the lyrics too - I agree with cowgirl that this part is brilliant:

Only the B-man could come up with beautiful lyrics like that!
:bono: :love:

a wonderful moody song...for some reason i love how on the B-sides disk they extend the beginning and ending....the little strumming and drums that just sort of cut of.....makes it very demo like........i must listen to it now!, I haven't heard it for a while come to think of it!

I "discovered" this song about a week ago, when I took WAIA away with me on holidays. I cant believe Ive had this recording for so long and not bothered to take much notice of it. I LOVE IT!!
Bonos sultry voice, the backing vocals and great rhythm section
I particularly love the instrumental part at the end.
WHAT A SONG!

Pamela

Wow, I've had WAIA for about 10 years and virtually never played this song, I dont even know how it goes! I feel very shameful right now, FallingStar you have embarrassed me!

Right then, as per usual, I chat online about U2 cause they're great, I read threads like this, I go to the stereo and listen to U2, which makes me want to come back to chat about them...so it goes on...

The story of my life...

Back
Top Bottom