Jacob wresteled the angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lady luck

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Hi, I need your help.
Can someone tell me please in what book of the Bible there's the story of Jacob wrestling with the angel?

Thanks a lot!!

I post it here, in case some one wants to read it:

GEN 32:22 And he rose up that night, and took his two wives, and his two maidservants, and his eleven sons, and passed over the ford of the Jabbok;

GEN 32:23 and he took them and led them over the river, and led over what he had.

GEN 32:24 And Jacob remained alone; and a man wrestled with him until the rising of the dawn.

GEN 32:25 And when he saw that he did not prevail against him, he touched the joint of his thigh; and the joint of Jacob's thigh was dislocated as he wrestled with him.

GEN 32:26 And he said, Let me go, for the dawn ariseth. And he said, I will not let thee go except thou bless me.

GEN 32:27 And he said to him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.

GEN 32:28 And he said, Thy name shall not henceforth be called Jacob, but Israel; for thou hast wrestled with God, and with men, and hast prevailed.

GEN 32:29 And Jacob asked and said, Tell [me], I pray thee, thy name. And he said, How is it that thou askest after my name? And he blessed him there.

GEN 32:30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel -- For I have seen God face to face, and my life has been preserved.

GEN 32:31 And as he passed over Peniel, the sun rose upon him; and he limped upon his hip.

GEN 32:32 Therefore the children of Israel do not eat of the sinew that is over the joint of the thigh, to this day; because he touched the joint of Jacob's thigh -- the sinew.

Gauguin's "Vision After the Sermon, Jacob Wrestling with the Angel" :

344%3C642323232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E234%3C%3D9%3A%3B%3D398%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B6766%3B758ot1lsi

Back
Top Bottom