'In A Little While' lyrics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
I was listening to this bit of lyrics from IALW:

"a man dreams one day to fly/a man takes a rocket ship into the sky/he lives on a star that's dying in the night/he follows in the trail the scatter of light"

Bono could have written that about himself. The man dreaming one day to fly could be referring to when he was young and the band was starting out and he dreamt to 'fly' with the band. The man taking the rocket ship into the sky could refer to when he and the band rocketed to superstardom with JT/R&H/AB in the late 80s and early 90s. The man living on a star that's dying in the night could refer to himself in the late 90s/early 00s, during Pop and before ATYCLB was released, when maybe he felt the band's star was fading, dying. And the man following in the trail, the scatter of light could refer to himself now, following the scatter of light ATYCLB and Elevation Tour emitted, with making HTDAAB.

Just a theory.

That's what I always thought it meant. It's certainly not the first time he's written about his experiences in the middle of the U2 hurricane, but that bit may be his most poetic and beautiful attempt to describe it.

get a life you u2 dork. you remind me of the homeless guy in "Imagine" hanging out in Lennon's driveway talking about song lyrics.
go out and try to get laid or something.

I always took the 'lives on a star that's dying in the night' part to be about the impermanence of celebrity, as opposed to the band specifically circa the mids 90s. Your theory seems to fit alot better though :up:

bconn11 said:
get a life you u2 dork. you remind me of the homeless guy in "Imagine" hanging out in Lennon's driveway talking about song lyrics.
go out and try to get laid or something.

Unbelievable. I wonder if the mods are watching.

The way I see it it's a love song, of sorts, to Bono's family.
He's talking about his commitment to them, despite being a rock star in a famous band - the "rocket ship" of success won't mean a thing - it can go away and fade at any time - if he doesn't have the "scatter of light" of his marriage and family. That can last, always.

i also thought that was what Bono meant.....

btw IALW is just an awesome song....

Back
Top Bottom