"I'm not coming down"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partygirl

The Fly
what does the line "I"m not coming down" in Gone mean? Bono used to use this line way back too. Do you remember the first Live version of Bad on the UF Tour? He would say "Come on Down" Come on Down" over and over at the end of the song. What do you think?

From The Meaning of U2 Lyrics:

It's about Bono and his family, how he feels when on the road while touring and has to leave them behind. I got this from the tour book. I bought at the Salt Lake City Concert, it quotes Bono and the rest of the group on the meaning of most of the songs. Moreover, it also represents his past life.I'll be up with the sun/Still holding on/I'm not coming down And he doesn't want to come back anymore. He's now happy and accept himself. (Karine Maucourt kmaucour@igr.fr)

There is other explainations and theories on that site. Definitely worth checking out.

------------------
Official Bono Ego Defender

"Don't call me Shirley." - Larry

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

[This message has been edited by elevatedmole (edited 01-12-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom