I Will Follow live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChargedVT

Refugee
Don't know if this has been covered years ago but on the last few tours Bono has been singing something that I can't make out in I Will Follow, it goes "If you walk away... (Aggarpay)". He was doing it in the Milan DVD and even on the recent Australian gigs. What is he actually saying and what does it mean? Sounds a bit strange!

"AGAPE" is the ainchent greek word, the early christians used as a synonyme for "LOVE".

So not in a sexual meaning but in a theological meaning and phylosophcial way.

When early christians met in private houses, the "LOVE" meals where also called "AGAPE".

Bono reffering to this word with passion, shows once more his persona deeply being rooted in the text and exegese of the bible.

In otherwords when you were singing to I will follow, you where attending Bonos christian party. Like it or not.

By the way: study your Bible and your Band more carefully. Otherwise you really don´t know whats going on.

We can also figure that out in german wich is my first language and then we can see who is better. Du voll Pfosten!

If it's agape, Bono is dead wrong in pronouncing it the way he does.

And Long time no see Tourist. Glad to see you're still the same arschloch you always were. :wave:

If it's agape, Bono is dead wrong in pronouncing it the way he does.

Nope, Bono is 100% accurate. for once!

if it's used like cori used it, then it's pronounced uh-geyp, meaning, to have your mouth open/agape.

if you're using it for Christ's love for humankind or something to the like, it's then pronounced ah-gah-pey.

just listened to the Milan version - Bono's got it right.

Back
Top Bottom