I love the music -- but haven't found the lyric that knocks me over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jordanwho

Babyface
For instance, Moment of Surrender is great, but there's no "we're one but we're not the same/we get to carry each other."

I'm confident I'll eventually get one that works...anyone have candidates yet?

All of Moment of Surrender is brilliant, White as snow and Cedars are very beautiful, musically and lyrically. I absolutely love most of the lyrics on the new album. There's so much depth and spirituality, so much darkness, yet hope, so many profound things that you just have to think over and over again. I think, lyric-wise Bono has just improved so much and I really think this is one of his strongest album, for lyrics as well as for vocals. :up:

Moment of Surrender is musically and lyrically heartbreaking. Maybe the best song they ever did. (at least for me).

I have a few questions. . .

1) Why aren't lyrics for NLOTH discussed at the Where the Album Has a Name thread? (or maybe I should start at thread there?)
2) Why are some critics criticizing the lyrics! (rhetorical)

I think they (the critics) are on point with the times and Bono. Yes, I should elaborate but isn't that what forums are about? In any case, I think the recent reviews are very naive considering U2. This album says exactly what it wants and the reviewers who rip the lyrics are feeble minded.

Because they're stupid?

Why do critics critisise the music, the production, Bono's vocals or his damn shades?

Ask them, not us.

It's up to YOU yourself to like or not like the music or the lyrics.

INFINITY IS A GREAT PLACE TO START

If that's not a wonderful lyric, I don't know what is

For instance, Moment of Surrender is great, but there's no "we're one but we're not the same/we get to carry each other."

I'm confident I'll eventually get one that works...anyone have candidates yet?

Are you kidding?

"Cockatoo". :wink:

I havent learnt the lyrics yet, I was going to copy the ones from the NLOTH lyrics thread and put them on my iPod, but there are little inaccuracies so I don't want to. Ill wait for the album I spose before I learn them properly.

I think they (the critics) are on point with the times and Bono. Yes, I should elaborate but isn't that what forums are about? In any case, I think the recent reviews are very naive considering U2. This album says exactly what it wants and the reviewers who rip the lyrics are feeble minded.

i think they are criticising them because I feel the lyrics aren't the usual deep stuff that Bono usually offers. I think everyone has been starved of U2 music for a half a decade and therefore are just happy with relief to be truly objective of the new album.

The lyrics to Breathe are just intriguing. I was listening to the song separately just to listen closely to the lyrics, they are really very complex and interesting, open to interpretation. I also like the joyful feeling of "Sing your heart out" and the different "voices" in the ranting verses. Very complex, very interesting song, musically as well as lyrically. :up:

The lyrics to Breathe are just intriguing. I was listening to the song separately just to listen closely to the lyrics, they are really very complex and interesting, open to interpretation. I also like the joyful feeling of "Sing your heart out" and the different "voices" in the ranting verses. Very complex, very interesting song, musically as well as lyrically. :up:

:yes:

Back
Top Bottom