"Hidden" Voice at End of Vertigo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm, U2Wanderer.org had it transcribed as "die young", and I never bothered to try and decipher it myself, until now. Hmm, I'm not sure who it is, it kind of sounds like Larry. But as near as I can tell, he's saying "Guys, that was clean." :shrug:

Here's the bit separated, with the volume increased slightly:

http://s53.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=0LRGUHLIPSQ9409ARDCTK6YVCE

I've got the European version and I heard it, it's really quiet, I had to turn it up to full volume on my iPod, I think I've deafened myself now. :wink:

Last edited:
i could barely make it out though! it's very quiet, and very fast! for the life of me i can't make out whose voice it is...:hmm:

Ye I hear the vocie at the end of Vertigo as well, no idea what it says

I also hear one at the end of Wake up dead man

ive heard it. i had the volume all the way up on my cd player with only one earbud in (i couldnt hear it with both in) i think it could be adam.. i dunno.:shrug:

After Bono says turn it up loud captain or whatever he says...he says something else again but its really soft and you have to listen closley. Its at about 0:19.

babyman said:

Wake Up Dead Man has some Van Diemen's Land parts played backwards, I knew that the voice heard at the end of the song is "and the poor will toil" played backwards.

Aha! I've been wondering about that part for ages... thanks for solving the mystery :)

I'll have to go listen to Vertigo again...

My Chicago DVD has the "I call myself Bono" bit too.

According to Wikipedia *cue skepticism* that's Adam at the end. Also, in the middle of Levitate, can anyone else hear some to the effect of "it's alright;" it sounds almost intentional.

lozy9876 said:
After Bono says turn it up loud captain or whatever he says...he says something else again but its really soft and you have to listen closley. Its at about 0:19.

I think that's Bono starting to say "lights" and then figures out he's coming in too early and stops!...So you hear "li..." with some echoing...At least that what it sounds like to me

Back
Top Bottom