Hasta la Vista Baby!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alisaura

Blue Crack Supplier
I just got this last Monday... I have to say something about it.
Please is completely mind-blowing. Wow. If Edge's guitar was crying on Love Is Blindness, it's sobbing on this. That part at the end before the last line is incredible, and I love the way it melts into Streets. I would have given a lot to have been there.
The Lemon thing... WTF?? Where did the tune go? Is this just the bit where the giant Lemonbot comes out?
HMTMKMKM... Is Bono coughing his lungs up at the start of this or what?! And is that what he's saying "Faaaaark this!" to? Is this on the video? Just curious...
One... OMG. So sad... is it just the CD or does Bono's voice break in a big way on the "I can't raise the dead" line?
*sniff*

It was $60 well paid, and I get three more issues! Bonus!

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof and they can't get it down."
-Bono

Yup, "Please" rocks. Other personal favorites: "Gone", "New Year's Day", "Bullet the Blue Sky", and HMTMKMKM.

Speaking of "Hold Me", yes, Bono says "F--- this", and that was part of the original TV broadcast. I don't know whether it made the video.

And the "Lemon" thing is just like "Pop Muzik". The band originally came out during "Pop Muzik", and "Lemon" was the song that was played while the lemon moved out onto the b-stage. I guess they included them on the CD as "cues" to what was going on, but they cut them both heavily to make room for songs the band actually performed.

By the way, what one song do you think was missing? I would have LOVED to have "Mysterious Ways" as part of the CD.

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

Well that part, the "F****-this" or "Fuckness" is on the video (I have the video and the whole concert is great). And yes, Bono kinda break his voice during One... you should buy the video... listening to Hasta La Vista is great, but listening it with the images is... mind blowing !

cheers !

The song that was missing? I would have liked to have had The Edge's Sunday, Bloody Sunday in there.
And I would have liked to have heard the part right before ISHFWILF where Bono thanks the audience for sticking with them, and where he explains what they were doing when they made Pop. I know a lot of people who hated Pop, and I think Bono gave a nice response to their "why don't they do the stuff they did in the 80s?" complaints.

Other faves so far, Gone and Discotheque... love that BOOM-CHA!
smile.gif

What was missing... tough. I haven't seen the PopMart video, so... *ponders* It was weird having Bullet but then no Running to Stand Still, but I guess Please filled in admirably there. Mysterious Ways would have been cool too... I've heard they neglected Zooropa to a shocking degree on that tour, I would have liked to have heard maybe Numb, or Dirty Day... *L* I can't even remember off the top of my head what IS on there. IYWTVD or Do You Feel Loved would have been great...
The bit skyanin describes sounds very interesting.
Short answer, I don't know. Wait till I see the vid and I'll get back to you.
smile.gif

I would've liked to have seen IYWTVD on there.. I simply love this one... Mysterious Ways as well... Oh well I won't complain
smile.gif

And yes Holy John is right... Bono coughs up a lung and then says "f**k this" on the video as well..

I think this Hasta La Vista thing is doing a good job of calming me down a bit for the album.... well ok it isn't entirely successful but it is to a certain degree
smile.gif

This is best listening to at very high volume in pitch black with head phones... I also have a mirrorball that I turn on.... it really sets the PopMart mood
biggrin.gif

I would have loved to hear "Pride" on Hasta La Vista,but I've got the PopMart-version on mp3 instead,so no problem with that.
And yeah,I'd also like to hear "Bad" from some of the PopMart-shows on some album (maybe in the future...).

This doesn't really belong here,but I think Bono's voice sounds really bad in the end of "Please" on the PopMart-live EP (also known as the "Please"-single).
I just can't understand,why they didn't take "Please" from some other show,instead of putting that version on the single.

Back
Top Bottom