hands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

valentina

War Child
Hi everybody! Just a question. There's a whisper in "the hands that built America" -- a sort of slow spoken voice. Is that Bono's? I had the impression it was something from Leo di Caprio...

Moreover, as regards the lyrical part (the part when Bono sings as a sortof tenor): is that REALLY Bono's solo voice? Do you think is there some electronic help or something?

Thank you all

Vale

Just check out the off-the-cuff singing Bono does in the documentary for "Miss Sarejevo" on the Best of 1990-2000 DVD - when he's in the car and trying to impersonate Pavarotti...

}:)~

rivergoat said:
Just check out the off-the-cuff singing Bono does in the documentary for "Miss Sarejevo" on the Best of 1990-2000 DVD - when he's in the car and trying to impersonate Pavarotti...

}:)~

LOL! I love that scene! The real "Miss Sarejevo" is between
Bono & Edge in the car . She nervously laughs. I think Bono scared her.
:) :)

valentina said:
Maybe it will be never performed --

Am I the only one who's sure this song deserved the oscar for best song? :eyebrow:

No we were all very very angry at that decision... Just don't wanna bring the whole discussion back to life again! :D

the song seems to bring me back to the Unforgettable Fire era for some reason...maybe its the feeling of the lyrics or the poetry of verse...i dunno

Swan269 said:
the song seems to bring me back to the Unforgettable Fire era for some reason...maybe its the feeling of the lyrics or the poetry of verse...i dunno

Thanks for this note -- I never thought about it, but I think you're right!

"Hands" is becoming one of my favourite movie-related song

Btw, is there someone who can tell me something about the gaelic song Bono sung for "Gangs"?
Are there the lyrics of this song? What's the meaning?

Back
Top Bottom