Fave songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U

U2sPrincess

What is your fave song? And why?Mine is Bad, it is so brilliant. It?s just a shame that Bono skips the "If I could throw this lifeless life line to the wind" verse in the Boston DVD, don?t you think??!

"One." Has been for the last five years, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. It's so powerful...Makes me cry every time I hear it live. And it made Axl Rose cry too. So sweet!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

There's lots, but one of the first I can think of is "Mysterious Ways". It was the U2 I fell in love with years ago and when I rediscovered them and found out the numerous meanings of the song, it made me even love the song more. One more thing, the song kicks ass whether it be the studio or a live version!

Originally posted by U2sPrincess:
What is your fave song? And why?Mine is Bad, it is so brilliant. It?s just a shame that Bono skips the "If I could throw this lifeless life line to the wind" verse in the Boston DVD, don?t you think??!

Yes! He skips that line a lot, and it's my favourite!
frown.gif

My favourite song, though, is "Elvis Presley and America."

For all these years, it has been One...still makes me cry everytime I hear it. However, Kite is moving up the list and could overtake it soon.

------------------
You're dangerous, 'cos you're honest.
You're dangerous, you don't know what you want

I have my top three:

WGRYWH: Painfully beautiful lyrics...can bring tears to my eyes if the moment is right...

Kite: Same reason.

Stay: Same reason.

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

My Top 10 List

1. With or Without You
2. Pride (In the Name of Love)
3. One
4. Where the Streets Have No Name
5. Bad
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
7. Sunday, Bloody Sunday
8. Tomorrow
9. Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
10. Bullet the Blue Sky

i love elvis presley and america too, i'm glad to finally see it get some respect after all these years! :D

i don't have a favourite, but here's my top five (in no particular order):

1. seconds
2. even better than the real thing
3. a day without me
4. the fly
5. discotheque

U2sPrincess

I guess my favourite probably changes every few seconds,but Stay will always be up there cuz the lyrics are beautiful and I relate totally to it,same thing with WOWY,One and Running To Stand Still.

I also love Mothers Of The Disappeared,I think it's underrated!! :)

I thought I'd update my top 10 list, Zoonationals -

1. "Ultraviolet (light my way)"
2. "In a Little While"
3. "Wake Up Deadman"
4. "If God Will Send His Angels"
5. "The Fly"
6. "Discotheque"
7. "Beautiful Day"
8. "With or Without You"
9. "Gone"
10. "New York"

Usually the top 4 never change.

- The Zoocifer -

Definitely Streets...

I just get so lost in it, it sums up so much hope and love and passion and soul and reality all in one. "It's all I can do..." I love that line so much.

I can't even find the words to describe how this song makes me feel, I've re-written this post four times.

So I guess Streets because it leaves me speechless.

It's really hard to pick just one song, but I'd have to say that With or Without You is my favorite. That song is just so beautiful and that amount of emotion in it never ceases to amaze me. I could never get tired of it (and I usually listen to it daily)

Bad
One Tree Hill
Hawkmoon 269
Heartland
Pride
Elevation
Zooropa

Doesn't Adams... avatar look a lot like mine??

I can't pick only one song, because they are all so great. Some of the best are In A Little While (I don't know why, but that song makes me :sad: sometimes...), Ultra Violet, The Fly, Lemon,...........
Mostly I say UV when being asked after my favourite song, but it definitely varies.......

Must start coming here more often:

aah nice thread

Last edited:
Must start coming here more often:My fave

*edit- what happened here i only clicked on it once :huh:*

Last edited:
Must start coming here more often

My top 5 U2 tunes

One
so Cruel
Boom CHA- Discotheque
WOWY
EBTTRT

edit-i seriously dunno how i poted 4 times :( :huh: :scream: :madspit: :( :eyebrow:

Last edited:
Re: Must start coming here more often

Lara Mullen said:

edit-i seriously dunno how i poted 4 times :( :huh: :scream: :madspit: :( :eyebrow:

That's so weird that that happened to you...If I even try to post more than once (on two different topics) in the course of a minute, I get that little messsage saying it's not allowed. :scratch: :huh: :happy:

Re: Must start coming here more often

Lara Mullen said:
:wink: Happens to the best of us sooner or later, I s'ppose. :D

Hi, everyone!

Name's Angela, I'm new here, just recently started really getting into this band within the last couple of months, and hello to everyone here.

Okay, as for favorite U2 songs...uh...man, this'll be hard. I'll post 20 songs that I absolutely love anyway, though, in no particular order:

1. With Or Without You
2. Mysterious Ways
3. One
4. In A Little While (I have, like, fallen in love with this song as of late)
5. Kite
6. Walk On
7. Trip Through Your Wires
8. Where The Streets Have No Name
9. I Will Follow
10. Angel Of Harlem
11. All I Want Is You
12. The Sweetest Thing
13. Sunday Bloody Sunday
14. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
15. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
16. Staring At The Sun
17. Elevation
18. Bullet The Blue Sky
19. Stay (Faraway, So Close)
20. Exit (this song's rather interesting)

So there's some songs I really like, at least from what I've heard by these guys thus far. :).

Angela

Back
Top Bottom