Elevation - spoken bit - what's Bono banging on about?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sallycinnamon78

New Yorker
Just a question. Sorry if this has been done before; if so, it was before my time...

After the first verse and chorus of Elevation, Bono mutters something. What the hell is he saying? #

My translation is "rip it out and stick it in a pot"! I don't think that's accurate somehow. If someone could tell me what he's actually yapping about, I'd be grateful, cos it's been driving me mad for 3 years!

Take it out and slip it in hot.
Take it off and slip it in your pocket.
Take it out and spit in your pocket.
Take it out and spit in a pot.
Tiki ow n spittenpot.

Maybe it's some Gaelic thing? Idunno. It's always bugged me. At the end of the Escalation Mix they play it over and over and I still can't figger it out.

Tiki ow n spittenpot!

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
Take it out and slip it in hot.
Take it off and slip it in your pocket.
Take it out and spit in your pocket.
Take it out and spit in a pot.
Tiki ow n spittenpot.

Maybe it's some Gaelic thing? Idunno. It's always bugged me. At the end of the Escalation Mix they play it over and over and I still can't figger it out.

Tiki ow n spittenpot!

Heheh! I'm glad I'm not the only one who's pedantic enough to be bothered by this.:)

I always thought it was "Check it out, let's slip it in the plot" for the plot in the movie Tomb Raider the song is the soundtrack of.
As if he's making comments, like a voice over in the song, for the music to synchronize with the action in the movie, or something like that...
Well, now I don't know anymore, even if what I write is clear enough for you to understand what I mean ! :huh:
Telllllllll me nowwww !

i toooootally agree with daygloeyes2, i always thought he said "chew me up and spit me out"!!! nevertheless, im no natove speaker, mayb something in irish.. dunno, i thought everybody knew!! :huh: (although i don't 4 sure!!)

Back
Top Bottom