Edge's vocals during Beautiful Day (Live)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

silkensky

War Child
I apologize if this has been brought up before or if it's common knowledge, but does Edge really sing "Always" toward the end of the first and second verses in Beautiful Day live? I was never quite sure and then I came across a comment mentioning this. Always is of course the song which eventually became Beautiful Day. If that's true then that's pretty damned cool.

Edit: Nevermind, I found a post from November 2009 and it confirms that he does indeed sing "Always" on the album and during the Elevation Tour, though I'm not sure about recent performances. Seems he may have changed it to "Away"? Either way I've always (oops) found it to be one of the amazing little things that make the song so great. Edge's backing vocals are beautiful.

nah, why would he change it? I think it's still "always" for the 360 tour. I saw his mouth. If you look at some fan-shot vids for 360's BD, they zoom really close in on Edge while he's singing too! :D

Most of it live nowadays is actually "away". Don't know why he changed it, but that's what it is. Also not all the backing vocals are Edge, there are also extra ones by Brian Eno.

Back
Top Bottom