Confirmed! Oral sex reference in "Original of the Species"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
redkat said:

I didn't know you could see what people are searching:confused:

How is this done? :shifty:

when you click on the search feature you can see what the last 10 searches by users were. It looks like someone was looking for oral sex at 8:39pm :hmm:

I can second BrightestStar. I remember reading an article(ZooTV era) in which Bono was quoted saying that 69 was the most equal sexual position. And we all know how Bono feels about equality.:wink: A girl could never forget a quote like that!

And I was thinking the same thing Beverly56:hmm:

dmalezi said:
I can second BrightestStar. I remember reading an article(ZooTV era) in which Bono was quoted saying that 69 was the most equal sexual position. And we all know how Bono feels about equality.:wink: A girl could never forget a quote like that!

And I was thinking the same thing Beverly56:hmm:

Anyone know where I can find this article? :shifty:

Total U2 Nut said:
For someone just reading the last page of this thread, you don't know how odd you all sound :laugh:

**Goes back to read previous pages**

I think you all must have shocked this poor girl speechless.... :wink:

The lyric 'Who's Gonna Taste You're Salt Water Kisses' from 'Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses' is also a reference to oral sex according to Bono.

redkat said:
I've heard that before too but I really think salt water kisses mean tear soaked kisses. It makes more sense to me that way. :shrug:

Me too, either that or sea soaked kisses.

U2girl said:

Me too, either that or sea soaked kisses.

We can all think what we want, but that lyric is one of the few that Bono actually confirmed was about oral sex. The song's about breaking up and sexual jealousy. What could inspire more jealous bitterness than imagining someone else tasting your ex's "salt water kisses". (Not wanting to be too graphic, but women do have more than one pair of "lips"--they're not called labia for nothing.)

biff said:

We can all think what we want, but that lyric is one of the few that Bono actually confirmed was about oral sex. The song's about breaking up and sexual jealousy. What could inspire more jealous bitterness than imagining someone else tasting your ex's "salt water kisses". (Not wanting to be too graphic, but women do have more than one pair of "lips"--they're not called labia for nothing.)

I always thought it referred to kissing after fellatio, and him wondering who would be doing that with her, after they parted. :shrug:

VintagePunk said:

I always thought it referred to kissing after fellatio, and him wondering who would be doing that with her, after they parted. :shrug:

Hmmm...For me, salt wouldn't be the most apt word to describe the taste. Clorox, perhaps? :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom