Big Girls Are Best

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Giant Lemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I looked up the lyrics to Big Girls Are Best because I couldn't understand one part, and I came across these lines that I thought were kind of intriguing:

Avenue Atlantico
Seventeen-oh-two
She's coco butter
Baby, she's the glue

Is 1702 Atlantic(o) Avenue the address of some place? Could it possibly be Bono's address? It seems kind of weird that he'd put his address in a song, but fans have no problem finding his house anyway. The reason I'd suspect that it's Bono's address is because I heard that this song was written for Ali when she was pregnant. Pretty cute, huh? Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had a theory about those lines.

------------------
"Edge could open a grocery business...hardware, do it yourself. Larry could do the security business. Adam's Larry's bodyguard. I'm going to open a creche...a daycare for befuddled rockstars, the dazed and confused." -Bono on U2's plans to move to Chicago 10/16/01

"We miss our lemon, I'd just like to say that." - Bono 5/9/01

Avenue Atlantico
Seventeen-oh-two

A time? I dunno what it means it could be anything
smile.gif

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare

miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)

Maybe it's like.....
867-5309

O yeah yeah yeah

------------------
~*Mona*~ 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

The Latin Americans have the sexy end[of Catholicism]~BonoBaby~

7:00pm Bono plays Tetris on Powerbook instead of writing lyrics.

Do I freaking rock the party or what?!
Yes, is the answer.

From U2log:
BIG GIRLS ARE BRASILIAN
From our mailbox: Hey, I'm Lully, one of the moderators of Ultraviolet, the Brazilian Mailing List, and I wanted to say that in his last B Side, "Big Girls are Best" Bono mentions an address in the lyrics: Avenue Atlantico, 1702. This address (Avenida Atlantico, 1702) is where Hotel Copacabana Palace is located, the most traditional hotel in Rio de Janeiro. All the U2 and U2 crew were hosted in there; Jonas Akerlund also shooted some scenes to the Walk On video on the roof. We think he mentioned their address in the lyrics because we heard that Bono had known Ali's pregnancy in Rio, in that weekend they were promoting ATYCLB in Brazil.

------------------
"That's the first time we've played that song in... about 15 years." -Bono, after In God's Country - Phoenix 11/23

One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real disney land , but it was getting pretty late.

Official L.O.B.P.B.G.G.T.S.H.S.A.E.E of the E.B.O.C

Originally posted by mocool12:
We think he mentioned their address in the lyrics because we heard that Bono had known Ali's pregnancy in Rio, in that weekend they were promoting ATYCLB in Brazil.

You definitely rock the party, mocool! How did you ever find that? Thanks to you, the mystery is solved.
smile.gif

Originally posted by mocool12:
Do I freaking rock the party or what?!
Yes, is the answer.

From U2log:
BIG GIRLS ARE BRASILIAN
From our mailbox: Hey, I'm Lully, one of the moderators of Ultraviolet, the Brazilian Mailing List, and I wanted to say that in his last B Side, "Big Girls are Best" Bono mentions an address in the lyrics: Avenue Atlantico, 1702. This address (Avenida Atlantico, 1702) is where Hotel Copacabana Palace is located, the most traditional hotel in Rio de Janeiro. All the U2 and U2 crew were hosted in there; Jonas Akerlund also shooted some scenes to the Walk On video on the roof. We think he mentioned their address in the lyrics because we heard that Bono had known Ali's pregnancy in Rio, in that weekend they were promoting ATYCLB in Brazil.

So would you say "big girls" is a reference to pregnant girls, like when Ali was pregnant? I hadn't thought of that, but it makes sense.

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

I?m sorry I?m late, LOL..I could have saved you a lot of time and effort in searching for the answer.
wink.gif

Yes, that is the address of Copacabana Palace hotel, in Rio, in Portuguese is Avenida Atl?ntica, 1702.

Here is a good picture of the hotel, they stayed there the 2 times they came to Brasil:
copa11.jpg

Bono going out of the main entrance of the hotel to sign autographs:
10.JPG

Now you can see Larry and Edge:
07.JPG

Some people from the group Ultraviolet in front of the hotel:
30.JPG

Thanks for posting those pics, follower!!

------------------
"I'm nearly great, but there's something missing..."

it is amazing how sick we fans are, and how much nonsense we know about this band.

They definately do not know this much about themselves...

OY

Back
Top Bottom