"BAD" Lyrics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It may say 'find a way' but Bono's been singing 'fade away' for years and years

so i mean how can we know that it is truly official that the lyrics are "fade away" and not "find a way?"

maybe the lyrics were find a way all along :shifty: ?

We know.

U2.com sucks. They suck BADLY.

And not just U2.com.

Have you read your NLOTH liner notes carefully?

I was always sure he repeats "not fade away" numorius times live (see Boston DVD), as a matter of fact I wanted to get a licence plate that said "NOTFDAWY" (or something like that), but its not listed as an official lyric, so alas I didn't go with it.

It sounds like he sings "find a way" on the studio-version, but it's probably just a little Irish accent. He clearly sings "fade away" every other time and that should be the correct one. U2.com were probably just mistaken just like I was before I heard the live version and looked at the lyrics.

I've listened to that song thousands of times both studio and live versions and have never once heard "find a way" or "find away".:up:

That must be a typo. The lyric booklet of NLOTH is full of mistakes and spelling/grammar errors as well.

Most notable one in Crazy Tonight: Every Generation gets a chance to change the world, pity the nation that WILL listen to you boys and girls.

Should be won't. :lol:

I listened to a bunch of versions of Bad again after reading that lyric in the liner notes, wondering if the word "fade" which had seemed so obvious to me for years was actually "find"... nope. There is no way in hell Bono sings "find" instead of "fade" in any version I've ever heard, studio or live.

Maybe U2 just ain't fer spellin.:wink: I haven't noticed that on "Crazy Tonight" in the lyric booklet.

Anyway we're here to discuss Bad. I def. think it's "fade away". I've always thought it was that and have sung it like that. There's only one person who knows what the official lyrics is. :shifty: *cough* Bono *cough*

Maybe U2 just ain't fer spellin.:wink: I haven't noticed that on "Crazy Tonight" in the lyric booklet.

Anyway we're here to discuss Bad. I def. think it's "fade away". I've always thought it was that and have sung it like that. There's only one person who knows what the official lyrics is. :shifty: *cough* Bono *cough*

Back
Top Bottom