Bad Lyric question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blacksword

Acrobat
I've seen a line from Bad writen as "bruised silken sky and burning flag," in a lot of places even U2.com. This has never made sense to me. I always heard it as "Through silken sky and buring flak" meaning through good times and bad, which makes a lot more sense for the song, to me at least. As there are no official lyrics to Bad (unless the ones on U2.com are counted as official) to my knowledge in print, who's to say what's right?

I always heard it as burning flack as well, until I read U2.com's lyrics saying it's burning flag. Then I listened closer and thought, well, it could be that too ... both make sense to me.

Oh, and I always heard "through silken sky" not "bruised silken sky" ... oh well, it doesn't really worry me. It's still a great song!

I always thought it was 'burning flag', although I once thought it was 'blue silken sky'.

"Through silken sky and burning flag"

It's easier to hear on some live versions.

U2.com is notorious for have seriously messed up lyrics.. at least, they often don't match what is plainly heard on the recordings.

}:)~

Last edited:
always seemed to be "through silken sky and burning flak", especially flak, it's a harder sound than flag that I'm hearing. Maybe Bono sang them originally as flak, them changed his mind later. *shrugs* idunno.

I thought it was "through silken sky and burning flak". In fact I'm pretty sure it's listed in some places as flak, which I always thought it was. It is probably bruised instead of through though.

Back
Top Bottom