Bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

InALittleWhile

Babyface
I love the lyrics to Bad. I've considered many different ways to change it around and find out what it really means... what does everyone else think?

------------------
---------------------
En bl? ?gat pojke tr?ffar en brun ?gad flicka... det vackraste som finns.
"On to the crusades of being a U2 fan... demolish the evils of society with a little bit of rattle 'n' hum!!"

Bad is about drugs. Bono always says it. It's a song about drug addiction and temptation... And i's also my fav U2 song
wink.gif

Yes,flyanto, the song is written about drug temptation. But those lyrics are soooo open to interpretation. It could be seen as the temptation of a lost relationship, trying to let it go, or "fade away" Or it could be about letting go of someone who has just died.

Basically the song in a nutshell is about letting something go and being haunted by it forever.

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

This question must have been asked so many times, but why is it actually called Bad? Seems strange for such a great song
biggrin.gif
I read somewhere that it stood for "Bono Against Drugs" but I totally refuse to believe that!

During the very beginning of Bad at the Dallas concert, Bono quietly said "what ever it is, just let it go" , so yes I think they know that song means so many different things to so many differnt people.

IMO I think it must be very draining for Bono to sing that song every night because it is such an emotional outlet.

Originally posted by InALittleWhile:
I love the lyrics to Bad. I've considered many different ways to change it around and find out what it really means... what does everyone else think?

This song is about heroin addiction specifically, and what that addiction does to you.

------------------
Fatwah? What Fatwah?!

I think it was written after a close friend OD'd.
He also started out the Live Aid version of the song with "We're an Irish band, we come from Dublin City Ireland. Like every city, it has it's good, it has it's bad. This is a song called Bad."

Awwww, I absolutely LOVE this song! And it is about drug addiction, I remember reading somewhere in where Bono said it was about a friend oh his that OD. (not sure) But its a poweful song! Its one of my all time favorite!!!

------------------
~*Dream Out loud*~

Back
Top Bottom