Anyone heard/seen the lyrics to the new songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mjhamson

Babyface
Okay, I will admit that I am bad. I downloaded a song (which I almost NEVER do since I prefer lossless format and despise lossy songs). But I was suckered into getting this song called "Vertigo". The poster claimed it was from U2... but I doubt it. The song is studio... is almost 9 minutes... and has to be one of the most kick ass songs I have ever heard. I will also admit that the guitar work sounds alot like the Edge at times... but otherwise I would be hard pressed to see U2 change their style this much (though this song simply is incredible).

That aside, does anyone have any lyrics for the new songs?

-Michael

U2 would never, ever, do a nine minute song. It's completely antithetical to the "punk" ethos they grew up in.
Of course, "Michael"'s description of the song has nothing to do with the actual question., which is about the lyrics for the new songs (which noboby has heard). Nice one.:scratch:

opps. Sorry for the confusion

The song came across LimeWire as U2 - Vertigo. However, the style is such a departure that I would highly doubt it.

However... that aside, some of the guitar is highly distinctive if not a complete rip from the Edge's style. Sometimes the voice sounds like Bono... but there are parts that are very unlike Bono.

I have been a fan for some 24 years... so if it was truly Bono, I feel confident that I would know it.

Getting the lyrics to the song would go a long way to make sure that what I hear is not U2.

This song that I do have has become an Instant favourite. I am finding that I am playing it over and over again... with headphones and up nice and loud. The problem is that NO ONE knows who this band is. :-(

Anyway... again...sorry for the confusion.

-Michael

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom