4th of July

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was written on Independence Day? :shrug:
A tribute to the USA's forth of July? :shrug:

it was recorded on the 4th of july. it kinda summed up how the band was feeling that day. (it was another case from that album where the producers hit the record button while band members jammed...)

KhanadaRhodes said:
it was recorded on the 4th of july. it kinda summed up how the band was feeling that day. (it was another case from that album where the producers hit the record button while band members jammed...)

I've heard the same story. Out of curiosity, does anyone listen to Filter? Richard Patrick (who is the brother of actor Robert Patrick) really loves U2. His favorite album is "The Unforgettable Fire" and bought a new copy during the recording of their new album, The Amalgamut.

Anyway, he suddenly ranted on the website about "4th of July" (a U2 song he really really likes) demanding to know why they recorded a song about the 4th when they aren't American...and he decided he would "take back the 4th the way they took back Helter Skelter." And sure enough, on Filter's new album, he has a song called "The 4th" which is very similar.

I hope I get to meet him in person at some point and explain *why* U2 titled the song "4th of July." :laugh: I thought it was so funny.

Elisabeth

AvsGirl41 said:
Anyway, he suddenly ranted on the website about "4th of July" (a U2 song he really really likes) demanding to know why they recorded a song about the 4th when they aren't American...and he decided he would "take back the 4th the way they took back Helter Skelter." And sure enough, on Filter's new album, he has a song called "The 4th" which is very similar.
:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom