U2 book club?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FizzingWhizzbees

ONE love, blood, life
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here is a member of a book club/book circle (of the kind where everyone reads the same book and you have discussions of it as you read)? I was thinking maybe we could have an Interference book club if people would be interested - maybe we could choose books which are relevant to U2 in some way, either books that have influenced their music, or maybe Irish authors, or else authors one of the band have talked about - pretty much whatever people are interested in! We could each agree to start reading the book around the same time and then have discussions in this forum as we read.

Anyway, it's just an idea I had. Feel free to reply if you think it might be interesting...or reply and tell me it's a ridiculous idea. :wink:

i think that's a really cool idea. if enough people are interested, i think it could be great. at the library where i work, we have two book clubs, but i've never been too crazy about their book choices, so i rarely join the discussions.

i think it's a great idea. :up:

I've read Screwtape Letters, but it's worth another reading. I'm in.

:hmm: We might get more out of it if it's divided into parts, rather then trying to look at it as a whole.

The letters go by pretty fast. It's been awhile since I've read it, and I'm glad to have an excuse to get into it again! Anyway, since there are 31 letters, do want to maybe take them six at a time (reading 7 for the last division), so that way, we end up with 5 different sections, which sounds like a good number to me.

(BTW- That's my little baby, Pokey, the day I got him. He's 13 years now, and he still curls up like that! If he could still fit in a baseball mit, I'm sure he'd be in one. He loves curling up in things.)

ylimeU2 said:
The letters go by pretty fast. It's been awhile since I've read it, and I'm glad to have an excuse to get into it again! Anyway, since there are 31 letters, do want to maybe take them six at a time (reading 7 for the last division), so that way, we end up with 5 different sections, which sounds like a good number to me.

(BTW- That's my little baby, Pokey, the day I got him. He's 13 years now, and he still curls up like that! If he could still fit in a baseball mit, I'm sure he'd be in one. He loves curling up in things.)

Ok...let's do it that way. When should we 'convene' for the discussion? And where is everyone else! They're missing out.

:sad: Aww, and his name is Pokey! That's way too cute... that's big coming from me, I'm not usually a cat person but that lil' guy...:love:

Been offline for a couple of days while I remodeled my room. I'm still haven't gotten my own computer hooked up. I'm borring my mom's laptop (which I hate! :madspit: )

Anyway, what do you think of starting a thread specifically for each book? That way we can each post our thoughts and questions for whatever book we are discussing.

As for everyone else, once we get it going, maybe it will catch on. There have to been more then a couple of people interested.

(Pokey seems to have a knack for making people who don't normally like cats fall in love with him.)

ylimeU2 said:
Been offline for a couple of days while I remodeled my room. I'm still haven't gotten my own computer hooked up. I'm borring my mom's laptop (which I hate! :madspit: )

Anyway, what do you think of starting a thread specifically for each book? That way we can each post our thoughts and questions for whatever book we are discussing.

As for everyone else, once we get it going, maybe it will catch on. There have to been more then a couple of people interested.

(Pokey seems to have a knack for making people who don't normally like cats fall in love with him.)

(wants to squeeze Pokey)

Yeah let's start a thread just for it. I'll do the honor's....

Back
Top Bottom