U2 at the end of the world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:shifty: Found it in a text file on internet...good read :yes: Interesting to see the conflicts on AB, recording and undertaking a tour. Also, LOTS of partying. I was surprised to see Adam and Larry opening up for the book.

Most memorable moments:
- Larry securing the soundcheck for Pearl Jam
- Adam facing himself after the infamous night in Sydney
- Bono swimming and kidnapping boats in Australia
- Edge talking about his friendship with the others

Just finished reading the boook

LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!!!!!!! My favourite bit was the interview with Bono's Dad and where he tells the story how after having a row with Bono he hears sniggering outside and looks out to see Bono waiting at the bottom of the stairs with a banana peel placed at the top of the stairs :lmao:

I need to go back and reread this. My copy is about ready to split at the spine from how much I read it when it first came out. I should break down and get a new copy. I think it's by far the best U2 book around, except for maybe U2 by U2, and I haven't finished reading that yet.

I just finished reading this book and loved it! He did such a great job of writing their story, I actually felt like I was on the ZooTV tour with them. Good gracious, I bet he slept for years when he got done following U2 around! I loved all the crazy stories in the book and had some pretty good laughs, especially at Bono. I loved Bono's letter to his dad at the end. That toped off a super read! I, like everyone else in this thread, highly recommend this book.

Yes, this book is amazing. All these comments are making me want to read it again.
I wish Bill would write another book like this observing the evolvement of U2 over the last decade.
That ain't going to happen though, Larry would explode I think.
:wink:

I recently finshed reading this book, and i thought it was fantastic. I found myself laughing out loud right many times! My favourite part was when Larry went below stage one night and put the head set on.......:lmao: He's so funny!

But that being said, I think U2 by U2 was better, just because it was actually written by the boys themselves. Its more personal.

Back
Top Bottom