Time for a new thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Angela Harlem said:
Slomey, I dont suppose there is any chance of you quitting your day job and becomming a cricket coach? Maybe getting a good International Dutch team up and running or something?
as soon as my gf starts making enough money to support an entire household I'm game

Good little fightback by England but they've always been able to have one or two good sessions...its not enough though.

Bye bye Steve.

Andrew Symonds must've slept with Trevor Hohns. How else could they have picked him to go to the World Cup! :sexywink:

did England actually bowl well that 2nd innings or did the Australians forget to bring along their bats?

Bit of both, let me go thru them

Hayden - silly shot.

Ponting - caught down legside, can happen anytime.

Martyn - caught behind prodding at lifter, pretty good ball.

Waugh - cuffing a short one to slip, could've been out about 5 times during his innings, nerves id say.

Langer - lbw, hitting middle but pitched marginally outside leg stump...unlucky I guess.

What's your decision at home?

:wave:

I only noticed yesterday that Langer isn't going to the World Cup (ok, it's not like he's the only Aussie missing out, but still)

my decision at home ....
sub par Aussie batting (I forgot they were even capable of doing that)

another decision at home ....
the world cup is going to be more interesting than the next 2 Ashes competitions

I want a whitewash

interesting beginning of the last Ashes test
go Steve!!!

another poor Aussie batting performance??

You talking about the day/night with Sri Lanka Bert? :lmao:
They got 344 with only 6 out or something Slomey, and then we came on to bat and when we were 1/6, it was kinda clear we had Buckley's and none of winning it. It was such a slaughtering.
Great stuff. They managed about 50 + runs in 4 overs at one stage.

now heres a thread i havent posted in for a while!:wave:

aussies had a eas......well comftable win in the end
i think if muralithiran (its the best spelling i could do) didnt get injured it could have been a little closer!

Warney said :wave: to one day cricket today...

but hes gunna keep playing till the world cup

here's what baggygreen said......

Warne to concentrate on Tests after World Cup
AAP - 22 January 2003

SYDNEY - Australian leg-spinner Shane Warne said today he would retire from international one-day cricket to extend his Test career.

Warne said the dislocated shoulder he suffered in a one-day game on December 15 proved to him how easily injury could occur and cut short his days in the Australian Test team.

Warne, who will play the World Cup in southern Africa before standing down from the Australian one-day side, admitted he wanted to leave the abbreviated form of the game on his own terms.

"It hasn't been a decision, I suppose, that has come lightly," said Warne.

"I love playing cricket for Australia but the No.1 priority for me is to play Test cricket for as long as I can.

"I've been thinking about it for a while but I didn't come to the conclusion until I was carried off on a stretcher in Melbourne.

"That sort of brought my thinking home about how hard it is on your body in one-day cricket.

Warne said he had the support of one-day captain Ricky Ponting, Australia coach John Buchanan, his team-mates and the Australian Cricket Board.

"Everyone I've spoken too thinks it's a pretty positive and smart decision - and a pretty gutsy one."

Warne is expected to make his international comeback from his shoulder problem in tomorrow's first tri-series final against England at the SCG. :wave:

Seems rather trite given all that is going on around the globe (not to mention in the host countries), but there's a world cup on in a week's time.

hey all,

how do you think will win the world cup? of course i'd say australia, but you never know, there could be an upset

someone mentioned to me the West Indies are a much improved team :shrug:

I'd like to see the Windies playing well...It'd give me a valid excuse to watch it.
Seriously though, it owuld be good if we either lacked a bit of form, or another team could give us a run for our money. This sounds terribly arrogant, but the lack of competition overall has been a tad disappointing.

teams seem to play well overseas, but when they come to australia, they get hammerd!

i mean in the last few years , australia has only missed the VB finals once, which was when South Africa and NZ came out
and the tests havent been really close either.

Cup shock: Warne out
By Andrew Hunter and wires
February 11, 2003

SHANE Warne will not take part in the World Cup and is returning to Australia after taking a banned substance, reports say.

Warne and Australian Cricket Board chief executive James Sutherland are scheduled to hold a press conference in Johannesburg at 6pm (AEDT), where the star bowler is expected to announce his return home.

Warne reportedly discovered he had inadvertently been taking a banned substance to treat his injured shoulder.

ABC News reported the substance was a diuretic.

The Australian Cricket Board has not confirmed the reports.

Warne dislocated his right shoulder in a fielding accident in December and has only recently returned to the Australian team.

Australia's opening match against Pakistan starts at 7pm (AEDT) tonight.

More details as they come to hand.

FOX SPORTS

I just read that. I don't even understand how to play cricket but I'm shocked because his name always seems to come up whenever I read the sports news. Still it was probably just an accident so I'm sure he'll clear it up.

given that Warney seems to spend most of his time coming back from injury something like this was bound to happen

Back
Top Bottom