The Price of U2 & I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ravenette

The Fly
I cannot belive how much it costs!

$218.95 is how much it is in Australia...

Looks like I have to wait a long while before I'll be getting it! :(

Even for a die-hard fan such as myself (and not to mention a HUGE Anton Corbijn fan), this is too much.

What are other's opinions? Especially fellow Aussie fans...who's already got it?

Last edited:
That's absurd!

It's going for about US$75 on Amazon, so even with postage, it'd be cheaper to order it there than buy it here. I often buy books and music that way. Heck, I just spent six weeks in the States and the stuff was so much cheaper that I had to buy an extra suitcase to bring home all the books I bought.

I know that coming from Yorkshire I'm tight with money but 70 quid?! :shocked: And talk about rip-off Britain! There's about (American)$2 to every £1 right? So it should be priced at about £45 (still waaay too expensive in my opinion but like I said, I'm from Yorkshire) not £70! <Goes into a rant about the price of petrol compared to the USA, the price of CDs compared to the rest of Europe, etc>

For that kinda price I want something special like being hand-delivered by the band, 'Star Wars' style 3D holograms, SOMETHING extra-special.

I would love a copy...but that is way too much, unfortunately. :no: :(

Might be something to ask for this Christmas. :hmm:

When this book first came out ... it was on-sale at Barnes and Noble ... plus having a B & N membership saved me an additional 20% off !! :up:
I only paid $83.55 for mine ... not too bad considering the retail is $120 (USD)
And I just walked in the bookstore and bought it ... didn't have to wait for delivery like for instance from ordering on-line through Amazon ... :tsk:

I bought it from Amazon.com

I bought U2 & I, U2 Show, and an equally large architecture book and had them expressed couriered to Perth for about $10 more than the cost of just U2 & I in Australia.

Last edited:
^Deffo worth it, when it comes to this book. It is superb. Glossy pages, beautiful photos!! Some of the Bono ones are just fantastic.

A great purchase imo....:up:

It costs 100.00 euros here in Portugal, BUT all the major bookstores reduced the price to 80.00 euros, otherwise no one would buy it. It still is a very expensive book... BUT WORTH IT!

I bought mine for 80.00 euros, now I have to rob a bank to get me some spare change for beer money and cigarettes for the rest of the month. :lmao:

It's £69.49 off Play, it's still far too damn expensive for me, I can never save above £30 without spending it - it's a disease I think....
I want it SO much, there was a review of it in Q ages ago and it showed a pic of the boys with their dads. It was an amazing pic, and a pic of Bono from the Joshua Tree era. Such a tasty pic I had to put it up in my room....

Aardvark747 said:
I gave in guys! £65.00 from my local independant bookstore...:sad:

:tsk: So to make up for your WEAKNESS, could you possibly colour photocopy every single one of the pages on super high glossy paper then post them all to me using first class stamps? You know it'll make you feel better. :wink:

Even though I love all the photos taken by Anton of U2 but because I've been a fan of the band for going on 18 years I have most of the photos that appear in the book, in one form or another so it's just not worth paying out all that money. Not that I've ever seen it on sale here in Finland !?! But I wouldn't mind it as a gift!:drool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom