the best way to serve the ages, is to betray it"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
first thought on it is this; the best way to show respect for what came before is to create your own world. take what is given you, rip it apart, and make it better. continue the legacy by learning from its mistakes and not to believe in them and fullfilling your own destiny.

that was my first thoughts on it. i don't know... :huh:

marik said:
what does this mean to you?

Sheer, deadly stupidity.

This is in reference to someone's theory that being a "Judas" is heroic, even self-sacrificing and godly-noble.

The Judas of the Bible wickedly CHOSE to go along with Satan's temptations: To be a spiritual hypocrite and thief; as well as to conspire with Pharisees - who were already condemned by Christ as "offspring of vipers", sinning against the holy spirit, and fit for "Gehenna." Eventually, together they brought about the murder of Yahweh's most precious and innocent Son. Judas did this even though he witnessed first- hand God's power unmistakably working through Jesus, and heard the authoritative, faultless, and Scriptural words he taught. He also violated love in the way of being a hurtful false friend for purposes of evil intent.

The Bible account of Judas describes a destructive, selfish/greedy, falsely prideful, cowardly, unfaithful, untrustworthy, disloyal, ingrateful human being - finally fully wicked and in total compliance with Satan the Liar to inflict severe pain, suffering, humiliation and death upon God's Son.

Was it necessary for Judas to do this? Was he pre-destined to do these things? NO. Though there are false religions that do deviate from whole-use Bible principles and teach this; it would be wholly against God's justice to pre-destine any of his intelligent creatures to commit such a crime against him, only to then punish them for doing it.

As it is, God and Jesus Christ, by Christ's words recorded in John 17:12 let it be known that Judas' life and future, for what he chose to do, was "lost." Jesus also referred to him as "the son of destruction." Judas, for listening to and serving the wicked Pharisees, betraying Jesus to them, became a "subject for Gehenna" (Matthew 23:15) - someone who will never be resurrected back to life - for being excuselessly spiritually foul.

To thus use or recommend Judas, with his despicably evil and exceedingly foolish behavior as a role model is ludicrous. Rather than such an example or behavior being of any helpful service to anyone, copying the ways of Judas would mean likewise serving the interests of Satan - and could result similar spiritual death to the one copying it as well as harm to others.

This Judas-as-servant-of-society is an example of harmful philosophy that results when people casually disregard what the Bible really teaches and fail to use God's own words as their guide.

Last edited:
This thread is, in truth, completely suitable for what I wrote; since the quote it is about was spoken by Bono, and, as he himself stated, has to do with a man's Judas theory, which he (Bono) espoused, to at least a St.Paul/Minneapolis paper reporter, during the Elevation tour. What I wrote is directly in answer to the question asked: What do I think of it.

The level of hatred shown for true Bible-based writing is absolutely sickening at "interference.com."

No wonder such stark, baseless prejudice and verbal injustice is practiced here.

I make it a point to warn others about such corrupt places. I'm not planning on sticking around.

Know this though: Being a U2 fan doesn't mean people are good or neighborly or that they listen to, believe, or practice the principles of the biblical paraphrases u2 used in their songs in times past. It does not mean that they will be included in God's new world of everlasting peace here - his real "Kingdom come" - which so many u2 fans sing about, but yet are clueless about. In reality, many "fans" here REJECT the biblical "Kingdom come" by their own chiding and mocking WORDS and censoring actions against someone who is really teaching the truth about it and God's scriptural requirements for any who wish to live on past the coming Armageddon to be a part of it. God will not accept into the new world system here those with unchanged, ungodly hearts and minds.

At concerts, I have talked to some very nice people.

However, I have also run into some extemely greedy, self-centered, hostile, haughty, dishonest, thoughtless, and even physically abusive u2 fans. Many fans seem to be getting into the glamourized "Devil" aspects of the Show - it is as though it is feeding many wanton desires for permission to revel in and live by self-assuming rebellion to God. People like this do NOT make the world a better place.

"Going down - excavation."

Into a pit. I wonder if anyone will even make it - crawl out in time.

Last edited:
here said:
I make it a point to warn others about such corrupt places. I'm not planning on sticking around.
[/B]

So you mentioned a few weeks ago :hmm:

here said:
In reality, many "fans" here REJECT the biblical "Kingdom come" by their own chiding and mocking WORDS and censoring actions against someone who is really teaching the truth about it and God's scriptural requirements for any who wish to live on past the coming Armageddon to be a part of it.

Well, for me personally, if I am interested in learning about something, I go looking for the answers all on my own. I am a big girl and capable of doing my own research. Being hit over the head with stuff like this does not make me particularly open to learning about it .. :shrug:

Miroslava said:

Well, for me personally, if I am interested in learning about something, I go looking for the answers all on my own. I am a big girl and capable of doing my own research. Being hit over the head with stuff like this does not make me particularly open to learning about it .. :shrug:

:up:

I'm incredibly amused that "here" even knew this was in reference to Brendan Kennelly's "The Book of Judas" since this was not mentioned anywhere else in the thread.... :lol:

But I think it's also clear from the posts that "here" has never actually READ "The Book of Judas", which is a WORK OF LITERATURE and ONE PERSON'S EXPLORATION of the ever-present Judas character in all of our lives.

Back
Top Bottom