Steve Stockman (author of Walk On) coming to Michigan.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

^^Prop^^

The Fly
Hey everyone, my school, Calvin College, in Grand Rapids is hosting a "festival of faith and music" this year and we're bringing in all kinds of songwriters and musicians to talk about their music and inspiration. We're all big fans of U2 here on the planning committee and stuff and we invited Steve Stockman last year to come talk about his book, Walk On: The Spiritual Journey of U2. It's a great book if you haven't read it. Steve's going to be flying over from Belfast though for the festival on the 28th and 29th of March, if you're in the area and would be interested in hearing him talk just say so, the festival has like a $100 registration fee I think but I know everyone heading it up and have met Steve before so I'm pretty sure I could get some people in for free just to hear Steve's talk. We were also working on bringing Daniel Lanois but it looks like it's fallen through for this year, maybe at the next festival we can have him.

-Justin

My wife and I both know Steve personally and have spent time with him in Belfast - he is an amazing person! If you can see/hear/meet him, do it.

He's also a major Rich Mullins fan, FWIW.

Stories for Boys said:
you go to calvin? so do i. two other interferencers do too. hmm...
\

wtf? serious? that's pretty
krad.gif

what's your name? and who are the other ones? I'm one of the two justin kents on campus. I'm a senior. I haven't been around the interference forums in quite some time.

One Tree Still said:
My wife and I both know Steve personally and have spent time with him in Belfast - he is an amazing person! If you can see/hear/meet him, do it.

He's also a major Rich Mullins fan, FWIW.

ahh that's really cool, yeah I actually stayed with stockie for a few days when I was in belfast this summer, truly an awesome guy.

^^Prop^^ said:
\

wtf? serious? that's pretty
krad.gif

what's your name? and who are the other ones? I'm one of the two justin kents on campus. I'm a senior. I haven't been around the interference forums in quite some time.

:wave: I go to Calvin! My name is Lies Rosema, I'm a freshmen and my room mate is Ultraviolet Light.

Random: do you live with someone named Evan?

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

:wave: I go to Calvin! My name is Lies Rosema, I'm a freshmen and my room mate is Ultraviolet Light.

Random: do you live with someone named Evan?

nope, no evan's here sorry. hmm, what are you guys taking for interim? you planning on heading to the hall of fame opening?

^^Prop^^ said:

nope, no evan's here sorry. hmm, what are you guys taking for interim? you planning on heading to the hall of fame opening?

I'm taking the DCM, ugh!!! "Politics of AIDS in Africa" with Dr. Patterson.

Yep, we'll be in Cleveland Fri-Sun.

hmmm, cool cool... I'm heading down there just for saturday with the student activities board, we're taking one of the big calvin busses down and should be there the whole day. but after reading more info on it it sounds like saturday's going to be closed to the public, so I dunno I'll have to tell Ken to check into it and see if we can still get in that day. We were planning on having dinner at Alice Cooper's restaurant which is there in town but I dunno what we're doing for lunch or anything. Maybe we'll have to figure out some way to meet up or something, drop me a message on IM if you have it, AIM: U2Kent MSN U2Kent@hotmail.com

We're leaving Calvin 3:30 on friday, we have to go to Beth's (Bonosloveslave) first and then to Cleveland. There's an interference gathering at the Hard Rock Cafe friday night which is why we're going a day early. Saturday night is the VIP party which you have to have tickets and membership passes for. Beth just called and bought them for us, maybe you can still do the same. I think the party starts at 6:30. But maybe we'll see you around Saturday during the day? I'll keep my eyes peeled for Ken, I recognize him (went to grade school with his sons...yeah...small, Dutch, CRC world!). I'm not sure yet where we're staying, possibly the Holiday Inn on Friday night, but I think a different place on Saturday.

Now, what's this you say about getting people in for free to hear Steve talk........

Are any of you planning on going to Steve Stockman's upcoming talk? And is so, would you like to cover it for Interference.com? Please PM or email carrie@interference.com with your information and we'll get the ball rolling! :wave:

*bump* This was today, wasn't it?
I had class, so I couldn't go (although I could hear WOWY since I was in the same building :crack: ), but how was it?

Back
Top Bottom