"Stealing Hearts At A Travelling Show" The Graphic Design of U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nate Dogg

Refugee
Anybody else get a hold of this book? I got it for my birthday, and it is quite impressive(and autographed by Steve Averill and Shaughn McGrath of Four5One design). It gives pretty interesting insight on the design of all of U2's album and single covers and tour books and posters. There are some pretty cool alternate album covers for Achtung Baby and ATYCLB, among others. This book piqued my interest because I was a graphic design student, and of course..it's about U2! For the price(about 60 dollars US for the softcover), I can see why this book is not for everyone, but I'd still recommend it to those who can afford it.

this might seem sad but last year i made the trip to cleveland for the u2 exhibit and i was almost as excited to buy the 'stealing hearts' book as i was seeing the memorabilia.

i gotta say that the alternate covers for best of 90-2000 are really cool...the macphisto horn pic and the female 'boy' cover both wouldve worked for me if either was chosen. clearly 'one' was THE song of the decade for them so i understand the choice to go with the buffalo colliding (plus they combine to make an imge of the FLY glasses- very clever)

I bought it at the Hall of Fame last year and I haven't even looked at it yet :reject: I just put it on my shelf with all of my U2 magazines and books. Some day.....

When Dad and I went to the RARHOF, I was looking at that book, but I knew I couldn't afford it. Dad knew how much I wanted it, so he bought it for me...along with a "Fly" single. :)

i like to make u2 crafts...this book is worth its weight in gold to me...it has tons of little zoo tv symbols and tshirt ideas, etc...

i love all the alt covers...it's a great book. i got mine signed by averill and mcgrath too...cool cool.

Back
Top Bottom