New Books On Amazon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgeVox

War Child
There's a new version of Into The Heart, covering HTDAAB and it says that U2 by U2 is already available (albeit without a picture of the cover). Anyone know the latest on these two?

1560257652.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Btw the new Black Rebel Motorcycle Club album is excellent

Xavier

Thanks for the heads up. I had no idea there was a revised edition of Into The Heart out (I have the last one with ATYCLB).

It looks like the publishers of U2 by U2 were mixed up when they said September 2006, eh? I see that it's also available on other book sites. Barnes & Noble gives a September 13 release date, however. Also, both Amazon and B&N are showing an audio version of U2 by U2 on 5 CDs.

I didn't realize that they'd originally said 2006 for U2 by U2...:shrug: Amazon and B&N have always listed it as 9/13/2005. Holy crap! That's next week!! :hyper: So much for reading anything medschool-related over the next month! :wink:

OK, I dug up the U2 by U2 microsite from the HarperCollins website:
http://www.harpercollins.co.uk/microsites/U2/

If you click on the updates link, they talk about how it's delayed until September 2006. This delay is something that @U2 reported earlier this year and I had just assumed until now that it was still delayed, but now I'm confused. I guess we'll know pretty soon what's really going on with this book.

Last edited:
Ya know the more I think about this, the more I think it's just a case of what U2dork said (bookseller systems not updated). If the release really was just around the corner, I'm sure U2.com would have announced at some point that it was no longer delayed and would have begun promoting the hell out of it by now.

Hmmm... I ordered U2 by U2 from Amazon around 9/9 or so-- a few days before the 9/13 date they posted. I also ordered another book and, knowing that the U2 by U2 could potentially not come 'til next year, I opted for the "ship separately when available" option. So, I got my other book. The packing sheet (and the email I got from Amazon) said that the U2 by U2 book will be shipped to me on September 22nd, with delivery estimated on the 26th-28th. :shrug:

Before I ordered it from Amazon, I stopped in Barnes & Noble to see what they knew about it. The girl looked in their computer and it said it would be released in Sept. 2005, but they just didn't have a date for it. Kinda weird. If it really is delayed, it seems like HarperCollins hasn't told anyone---what's the likelihood of the two biggest booksellers in the US both forgetting to update their database? Still, I looked at the the press release that greenlight posted & I believe that, too. Who knows? :shrug: I'll let everyone know if the book comes when Amazon says it will...

Oh, one more interesting thing: On Amazon, besides the book, they of course list the Audiobook---they list the CD version of the book. Funny thing is that they list 2 versions--one for 29.99 and one for 39.99. I wonder what the more expensive one has on it...

Utoo said:
Oh, one more interesting thing: On Amazon, besides the book, they of course list the Audiobook---they list the CD version of the book. Funny thing is that they list 2 versions--one for 29.99 and one for 39.99. I wonder what the more expensive one has on it...
I recently figured that out. The $29.99 version is abridged and the $39.99 version is full length.

Just got an email from Amazon saying that there's a delay with my order (for U2 by U2) and that it can't ship until October 22. We'll see..... I'm expecting them to keep pushing it back month by month until sometime next year...:huh:

I got it for my birthday....very good.....

Editorial Reviews

Book Description
With over 24 pages covering the band's newest CD, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, U2: Into the Heart examines the behind-the-scenes influences that shaped U2’s internationally popular and critically acclaimed music. Included are original and revealing interviews with band members and the key people close to U2. The band’s rich cultural and social context is fully explored, providing a colorful backdrop to the songs. U2: Into the Heart traces U2’s meteoric rise from the early days of their career with Boy, their first album, to the spanning success of The Joshua Tree, Rattle and Hum, Achtung Baby, and Pop. U2 is a group that has become a world-class rock ’n’ roll band; a band that continues to invent themselves and are not afraid to take chances with their craft—as well as make a unique impact in the world of music with their raw, emotional energy.

Back
Top Bottom