MERGED ----> U2 by U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I knew it would happen----I tracked my U2 by U2 & it's delivered today----and I'm at the hospital working all day & night into tomorrow morning. Sigh.

DPrinceNY said:
Ha silly question... the whole book is in color right? I remember the "u2 live" book being great but it wasnt in color.

Yes the book is in color.

And your U2 Live book has a little bit of color right?

What a great read this is proving to be.

One thing however, I am up to about page 100. So far, I have noticed about 3 typos in the book.

The largest being on about page 91. One of the large quotes taken from the page says it is from Bono when it was actually Edge who said it. The quote includes the word 'Bono' too so it sounds like he is talking about himself! Pretty poor making mistakes like that...

Appart from those things...I cant put it down!

Utoo said:
I knew it would happen----I tracked my U2 by U2 & it's delivered today----and I'm at the hospital working all day & night into tomorrow morning. Sigh.
i hope you get it soon! and i hope it's not TOO addicting when you do get it =)

Okay...finished the book. Great stuff! Well written, funny, honest. I couldnt ask for more.

I noticed HEAPS of errors all through it though. Apart from the ones stated earlier, I found a couple more spelling, gramatical errors and most notably, the collage of images during the Pop era has one pic of the Mirrorball Man in it and the collage of images from Slane is dated August 24th 2003! ???

How can they miss these things??

That aside, it was a great read!

I finally bought a copy this past weekend. I was going to wait and ask for it for Christmas, but I couldn't resist. I think I'm only about 10 pages into it, and I already feel like I've gotten my money's worth. Wow. Absolutely amazing. :heart:

This book weighs too many pounds, its too big!

I feel like I am weight lifting...

Last edited:
bono_man said:
Okay...finished the book. Great stuff! Well written, funny, honest. I couldnt ask for more.

I noticed HEAPS of errors all through it though. Apart from the ones stated earlier, I found a couple more spelling, gramatical errors.....

Wow, can't say I was paying such close attention! And this is why I'm a writer, NOT an editor...

Speaking of spelling errors (ahem)!

Yes, funny, I loved the humourous bits (it's Cdn spelling), but Larry seemed largely the sourpuss:tsk: of the bunch, as he was described numerous times... and so guarded about what he revealed while Bono seemed quite the opposite. :D

But it sure was nice to get a much more intimate look into their lives, both musically and personally. I wonder if they recalled all the musical stuff or had to review notes or whatever--if they recalled, what good memories!!

And yea, what an unwieldy thing! I wanted to take it with me on the bus but can ya imagine pulling that thing out to read??
:huh:

I got it 3 days a go and it's great! It was so moving reading about how Bono's mum died :sad: :(

Love the printed autographs at the beginning of the book, am looking forward to reading it - it's gonna take a while! :ohmy:

I did, however think there would be more pics i haven't seen before!

Anyone knows the numbers of sells or how much money did it make already ?

I Got the book for christmas. everytime i go to read it something comes up which is really annoying me so im not that far into it. Its interesting though. I Just dont wnat to put it down. The Autographs at the front were good as. Loving the pictures.

just finished this. did anyone else feel that reading this was quite a waste of time for the hardcore-fan? i guess it serves as a decent introduction for the u2-n00b, casual fan, but for the hardcore fan it didnt bring anything or at least not much new to the table, as i see it.

Last edited:
I thought there were some new things, but I wasn't wowed.

I thought they should've gone more in-depth about the actual songs and how the performances changed live. They were more like "we improved this live" or "it didn't work live." Well, how? I would've liked to hear a little more technical info rather than hearing all four of them describe the same events in slightly different manners.

Back
Top Bottom